Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Release date pushed back + new info on movie
Topic Started: 05 Dec 2016, 19:35 (5249 Views)
Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

So I'm not 100% on this yet, but I do feel it can and should be shared at this point. HTTYD3 has been pushed back again to March 1st, 2019.

Links to sites reporting on it:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/how- ... year-2019/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h ... 019-952959

While this is certainly disheartening news if true, there is something else we've been given that needs to shared also. We've gotten a new blurb about the movie and what it might entail(again if all this is true).

“As Hiccup fulfills his dream of creating a peaceful dragon utopia, Toothless’ discovery of an untamed, elusive mate draws the Night Fury away. When danger mounts at home and Hiccup’s reign as village chief is tested, both dragon and rider must make impossible decisions to save their kind.”

If you've followed anything I've said in the past you know how I feel about new Nightfuries, but this could also change up a few fan theories I've seen floating around here and there to. So what do we all think.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

First, I'm going to wait for confirmation from the director and co. and for more information as to why it might be pushed back. I can't trust the first source that these articles got their information from. None of the three have a explanation for this. :ermm:

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

If this is true, I might cry :'( :'( :'(
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

“As Hiccup fulfills his dream of creating a peaceful dragon utopia, Toothless’ discovery of an untamed, elusive mate draws the Night Fury away. When danger mounts at home and Hiccup’s reign as village chief is tested, both dragon and rider must make impossible decisions to save their kind.”

called it, whos with me

OC: Oliver and Storm

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
06 Dec 2016, 00:13
First, I'm going to wait for confirmation from the director and co. and for more information as to why it might be pushed back. I can't trust the first source that these articles got their information from. None of the three have a explanation for this. :ermm:
Currently I see no reason for the push back myself and would like some explanation as to why as well. Though every article I've seen so far continues to say that Universal and DW "announced it monday", but again I've seen no link to anything proving this. So I'm on the fence still myself, but I did figure I would share it as it is something about the third movie.

Seb
Dragon Egg

http://screenrant.com/how-to-train-your ... view=lista

"The release of How to Train Your Dragon 3 is part of a new development schedule from Comcast."

So it's Comcast intervening big time. Interesting.

Where's that logline from, by the way? Website says it's "official" but doesn't say. Just curious to know where news sites source all these things from :P

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Seb
06 Dec 2016, 10:32
Where's that logline from, by the way? Website says it's "official" but doesn't say. Just curious to know where news sites source all these things from :P
I honestly have no clue, I first saw it on here http://deadline.com/2016/12/how-to-trai ... 201864844/ but haven't been able to find anything for it either. Which is why I was on the fence about any of it being true.

Now concerning Comcasts new development schedule for DW, was that not what DW has already decided they were going to do some time back? (I thought that it was, but I could be wrong.)

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Disappointing... I don't mind waiting if it's going to be good, but that plot summary sounds uninspiring. Still, I'd wait for more confirmation on this.

The Screenrant article also says that they've cancelled The Croods 2, which is no surprise. Last I heard it was being rewritten. What's interesting is that Chris Sanders was attached to that as co-director, so I'm not sure what he'll be doing now -- perhaps signing onto HTTYD 3 with DeBlois?

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Night Fury
06 Dec 2016, 16:54
Disappointing... I don't mind waiting if it's going to be good, but that plot summary sounds uninspiring. Still, I'd wait for more confirmation on this.

The Screenrant article also says that they've cancelled The Croods 2, which is no surprise. Last I heard it was being rewritten. What's interesting is that Chris Sanders was attached to that as co-director, so I'm not sure what he'll be doing now -- perhaps signing onto HTTYD 3 with DeBlois?
While I overall enjoyed the Croods and thought it was decent. (nothing amazing but nothing terrible) I can't say I'd be disappointed or miss the Croods 2 if it means Sanders and DeBlois are working together on the third film, since I do believe they work best together than they do separately.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

This... came out of nowhere...
From the articals here, I'm regarding this as a rumor for now. About the plot... not sure yet. Maybe the use of words makes it sound more 'eh' than what it is... I don't know...

Anyway, I found the subject for this week's Berkcast!