Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Villain Announced
Topic Started: 17 Nov 2017, 02:29 (1731 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Grimmel the Grisly has been announced for HTTYD3. Here's the source.

They've already started recording, so this is a sure thing.
Quote:

We hear Abraham’s voice test cinched the casting: Animators put his voice from his other titles against his animated persona, and it was a perfect fit. Abraham won’t be donning a Scottish accent, rather a deep-baritone voice in the classic villain sense.
"We are thrilled that F. Murray Abraham has joined our How to Train Your Dragon 3 cast as the villainous Grimmel,” said Chris deFaria, head of DreamWorks Animation Film Group. “This character brings a captivating new story line to the culmination of our trilogy. There is a gentlemanly calm to this sinister role, one that dovetails beautifully with this iconic actor’s immense range and talents.”
I'm not too impressed at this point ("gentlemanly calm," "sinister role," and especially "classic villain sense" are sounding a bit cliche) but the announcement was vague enough so there's a good chance for it to shape up in a unique way.

Thoughts?
Clouds of corn <3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Hmm... the accent would have made everything better ^_^
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

HC hasn't said it yet, but I will. :P XD
We'll definitely be doing a Berkcast episode on this. So quick thoughts though, does this mean Drago is out or no? It was announced quite far back that he would be reappearing in the third film. So has that changed since then? We assume it hasn't, but we can't really say for sure at this point since production has moved along quite a bit since then.

I do recommend checking out F. Murray Abraham's voice though wonderful to listen to, (IMO) so voice wise I think he'll fit fine and do well. Now how he'll do as a villain hmmm is all I can really say, would need to know more. What I'm reading doesn't turn me off in any way per se. Though there is one thing that worries me some, “This character brings a captivating new story line to the culmination of our trilogy." This line makes me feel like they might be trying to overly bloat the story of the third film, potentially. Which I can't see as a good thing(at least not yet). I'll save some of my rambly thoughts for the Berkcast though :P (got to force people to listen to it somehow ;) )
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

No Drago is definitely still there.

And tbh one of the things I liked about the dragons world was the unique villains. This is a little cliché, don’t you think?
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

https://youtu.be/Df16__ZPZxE

Listen to Wolf and I talk about this new villain and theorizing what his role his!

And also Drago’s swimming skills...

Joel
What should I put here..

Ill throw my couple cents in;

I really hope they give a backstory to his reasons and not just "I hate dragons blah blah". Like there's a proper reason and hopefully they expand it and include drago and use him? Maybe make him dragos father from the other side of the world set on revenge with his son?

Don't forget that Djimon Hounsou (Drago) is still on cast for HTTYD 3 so he will definitely be making an appearance.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Joel
24 Nov 2017, 22:07
Ill throw my couple cents in;

I really hope they give a backstory to his reasons and not just "I hate dragons blah blah". Like there's a proper reason and hopefully they expand it and include drago and use him? Maybe make him dragos father from the other side of the world set on revenge with his son?

Don't forget that Djimon Hounsou (Drago) is still on cast for HTTYD 3 so he will definitely be making an appearance.
Ooooh the Drago’s father angle. I don’t know if I like it or not...yeah, I like it.

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

"Gentlemanly calm" reminds me of Viggo.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!