Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD 3 At Cinemacon
Topic Started: 26 Apr 2018, 18:53 (3842 Views)
Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Maybe its albino or something. I don't have a real problem with other Furys, so long as there is some creativity and not some lazy cliche crap
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

god I really hope it's fake lmao, just read through everything that's been released and it just sounds like an amateur fanfic
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Whitefang

Whitefang
02 May 2018, 06:33
god I really hope it's fake lmao, just read through everything that's been released and it just sounds like an amateur fanfic
Gonna clarify my thoughts on this because I wrote that after reading one (1) post about it and getting annoyed (I was half asleep). If done well, I think this'll be a great movie regardless of whether or not the premise is a bit cliche. The albino idea is actually really cool and would explain a white Night Fury's coloration (there isn't really any other viable explanation- meaning, one that makes sense to me from a realistic standpoint- a white Night Fury would have a hard time surviving just like white tigers do so it shouldn't be a common color for them). However, if they handle it poorly and turn it into an overly cliche Toothless love story where he winds up ditching Hiccup for a last-minute shoehorned-in romance, that would ruin it.

There's my real two cents. :)

8)

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Is it actually confirmed that she's white? :blink:
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

NightFury2001
Has left

Dragondog
07 May 2018, 16:59
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Is it actually confirmed that she's white? :blink:
Multiple people that saw the footage said that she was white, and apparently one character even called her a "Light Fury". So yeah, pretty much. Only way she isn't white is if the footage was unfinished and/or DreamWorks was trolling lol
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

NightFury2001
07 May 2018, 18:02
Dragondog
Multiple people that saw the footage said that she was white, and apparently one character even called her a "Light Fury". So yeah, pretty much. Only way she isn't white is if the footage was unfinished and/or DreamWorks was trolling lol
As other people have said, I think gray or silver would be better. She'd look more epic that way, imo.

Maybe if white ones are rare, and can't survive well since they can't camouflage, it's possible that Toothless will have a better chance of wooing her since he's disabled? "Hey, I can't survive on my own either. Wanna be mates?" Lol.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Lovaasnah
Hatchling

Dragondog
07 May 2018, 19:50
NightFury2001
Dragondog
As other people have said, I think gray or silver would be better. She'd look more epic that way, imo.

Maybe if white ones are rare, and can't survive well since they can't camouflage, it's possible that Toothless will have a better chance of wooing her since he's disabled? "Hey, I can't survive on my own either. Wanna be mates?" Lol.
I agree about white having a difficult time surviving and her consequently being rejected by potential mates in her area.
Toothless has zero chances with a wild able bodied female Night Fury as he cannot survive on his own let alone be Alpha, care for her and their potential offspring. He also trusts and is dependent on humans which, by definition of her being an "untamed and elusive mate" would deter her from Toothless even more. In short, he would be a life threatening liability for her so obviously, it would be an immediate rejection. (In reality but hey....PG kid cartoon love totally trumps physics and biology right?)

Beggars can't be choosers though so your idea of the Light Fury's handicap allowing her to accept Toothless is quite clever! Kudos as that helps me accept the terrible "white" idea a little more as there is some biological merit to this premise. A perk is that Toothless's ailment is not genetic so that could also grant him some forgiveness from this already desperate female.

Your last sentence made me laugh slightly though as I made a slight tweak...
"Hey, I can't survive on my own either. Wanna be die together?" Haha!

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Lovaasnah
08 May 2018, 16:35
Dragondog
07 May 2018, 19:50
NightFury2001

I agree about white having a difficult time surviving and her consequently being rejected by potential mates in her area.
Toothless has zero chances with a wild able bodied female Night Fury as he cannot survive on his own let alone be Alpha, care for her and their potential offspring. He also trusts and is dependent on humans which, by definition of her being an "untamed and elusive mate" would deter her from Toothless even more. In short, he would be a life threatening liability for her so obviously, it would be an immediate rejection. (In reality but hey....PG kid cartoon love totally trumps physics and biology right?)

Beggars can't be choosers though so your idea of the Light Fury's handicap allowing her to accept Toothless is quite clever! Kudos as that helps me accept the terrible "white" idea a little more as there is some biological merit to this premise. A perk is that Toothless's ailment is not genetic so that could also grant him some forgiveness from this already desperate female.

Your last sentence made me laugh slightly though as I made a slight tweak...
"Hey, I can't survive on my own either. Wanna be die together?" Haha!
Lol! I don't know if anyone else has read Pax by Sara Pennypacker, but the ending to that is what this whole "light fury" thing reminds me of.

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Whitefang

That's actually a smart theory- having them come together because they both can't survive well in the wild. Additionally, I also feel like the dragons choosing mates would be more akin to animals choosing mates than humans getting married, in that they probably would not even have to ""fall in love"" rather than just be compatible?
I also really like the idea of her being albino, which would make it more realistic. White Night Furies don't make sense unless it's a mutation of some kind.

8)

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

I think I once heard someone say that it would be funny if she were a "Day Fury" who could blend in with the clouds. I don't remember where I heard it, though. I think the "genetic mutation" thing is better, though.

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!