Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD 3 At Cinemacon
Topic Started: 24 Apr 2018, 23:14 (3784 Views)
NightFury2001
Has left

So Universal is having their Cinemacon presentation tomorrow, and since there is a HTTYD 3 poster there it's pretty much confirmed we will be getting something.

I feel like it will be something similar to HTTYD 2, aka screening a short teaser. Hopefully they post it online too, or at least don't take around 2 months to release it online like with HTTYD 2's teaser lol. Even if they don't, a description of the teaser will still be super exciting, at least for me!
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

I’m sure enough people will post it to YouTube anyway.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

NightFury2001
Has left

Sparrowhawk
25 Apr 2018, 10:43
I’m sure enough people will post it to YouTube anyway.
Well I mean, I know sometimes events like Cinemacon don't allow people to record. Like no one posted the HTTYD 2 teaser online when it was first screened.

NightFury2001
Has left

So...the recent HTTYD 3 news makes it sound like a bad fanfic. My worst fears are coming true.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Wow. Just wow. The one time I wish they didn’t do what we were wondering. Really?! Of all things, that seems so... I dunno how to put it. It leaves me with a sense of dissatisfaction

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Lovaasnah
Hatchling

Well...I am pretty livid about this who Light Fury bullshit.
I will always love and appreciate seeing Toothless and the rest of the gang but come on DWA.
This strikes me as very on the nose and cliche when I expected more creativity and realism from the team. If they call her Glimmer, Luna, Moonlight etc something stupid like that...grrrrrr
Who knows...maybe this will grow on me. The manner in which they preset this may turn out lovely.

On a major side note though, as a cripple, Toothless doesn't have a chance with a mate. He can't even take care of himself without flight or aid let alone a mate and potential offspring. Many perfectly healthy males are rejected in the ritual of courtship so for a wild female that likely doesn't trust humans to accept him with an obviously severe handicap and dependence on humans...not a chance! They also better not recycle self operating tail from the Christmas short either as that's old material and would become damaged anyway. Alas, tis only a PG kids' cartoon though so...yay whoopee Toothy love.

Lovaasnah
Hatchling

Don't get me wrong, I am completely grateful for anything regarding the film and I understand them choosing white for the mate...for the sake of uniqueness and to serve as contrast so she's easily told apart from Toothless. I just thought they could have kept her truly a Night Fury like him and just changed her eye color a bit, markings, build, or size.
I just feel that her being so special/rare in a way seems to take away from Toothless. Now she and potentially other Light and or Night Furies are coming. It's nice I guess that Toothless isn't alone and nature can take its course but a small piece of what made him dear, special, and priceless now seems lost in a way.

NightFury2001
Has left

Lovaasnah
26 Apr 2018, 07:01
I just thought they could have kept her truly a Night Fury like him and just changed her eye color a bit, markings, build, or size.
Yes! This is what I wanted. There was plenty they could have done while still keeping her a dark color. For example, they could have went with something similar to the Night Fury shown in some HTTYD promo art, a dark, deep blue with piercing yellow eyes. Or if they wanted to make her black they could have made her have a slightly slimmer build and/or smaller size with a different eye color, or alternatively they could have went with the whole "Female Night Furies are larger than males." and made her quite a bit larger. There's many more possibilities I didn't even list...so sad they didn't do anything like this.

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

I think having her with a slightly larger build and maybe purple or blue eyes would have worked.

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

This greatly worries me. I trust them, but I hope this doesn't turn into some kind of sappy Toothless love story.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'