Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
[HTTYD3 Spoiler]
Topic Started: 31 Mar 2019, 04:48 (10811 Views)
Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Normally I would take the director's word to heart but in the case of the Night Furies I just can't. It requires too much suspension of belief. I know and accept that humans can drive species to extinction. But one man and an army and 6 dragons driving a species to extinction? That's too implausible.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Hulk10
14 Jul 2018, 18:37
I personally don't believe that Toothless is the last of his species no matter what Dubois says. Especially since it would mean that there is no hope at all for Toothless's species.
I mean, you can't really not go with what he says because he is the creator of that universe. There is no hope for his species, sure. Just like there is no hope for a huuge list of other animals we've managed to kill off because we like hoarding wealth more than we like being alive.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Your welcome to feel that way if you like. *shrugs*
Night Fury

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
31 Mar 2019, 04:48
Normally I would take the director's word to heart but in the case of the Night Furies I just can't. It requires too much suspension of belief. I know and accept that humans can drive species to extinction. But one man and an army and 6 dragons driving a species to extinction? That's too implausible.
It wouldn't surprise me if Night Furies were already endangered before Grimmel showed up, which makes it easier to believe he killed them off
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Its possible but I doubt it. And even if were the likely answer its unlikely they would be rare in Hidden World.
Night Fury

Light Fury
Cape Starling

It's as this point that I'd say, "you're allowed to be wrong" and then plasma blast my way into an explosive, invisible exit.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

totally agree with what you are saying, loving this moviie more and more and the soundtrack....... just mmmmm so good!!

also please forgive the randomness but im writting this in runes so yeah thats a thing

P.S

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz (this is for me please ignore)

OC: Oliver and Storm

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I mean, from a scientific standpoint (which I mean, you shouldn't really apply real-world science to a dragon series, but it works in some departments), it's plausible that a few are still out there. Having one, two, or even a couple more individuals still living isn't a thriving species though, and within a few generations you'd have inbreeding and then you'd have even more problems.
You also kinda have to assume that there were more people hunting Night Furies than Grimmel and "6 dragons". Grimmel was making that his goal, but no doubt other people were doing it too. And as we know from history, it's definitely possible to drive species to extinction.
So you're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe, but Dean saying that Night Furies are functionally extinct isn't implausible.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Whitefang
06 Apr 2019, 00:41
I mean, from a scientific standpoint (which I mean, you shouldn't really apply real-world science to a dragon series, but it works in some departments), it's plausible that a few are still out there. Having one, two, or even a couple more individuals still living isn't a thriving species though, and within a few generations you'd have inbreeding and then you'd have even more problems.
You also kinda have to assume that there were more people hunting Night Furies than Grimmel and "6 dragons". Grimmel was making that his goal, but no doubt other people were doing it too. And as we know from history, it's definitely possible to drive species to extinction.
So you're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe, but Dean saying that Night Furies are functionally extinct isn't implausible.
I'm not saying it isn't. I just have a hard time believing that Grimmel did all by himself as the movie claims. That's my only point. Or that there are that few out there given the Hidden World.
Night Fury

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
21 Dec 2019, 02:14
Whitefang
06 Apr 2019, 00:41
I'm not saying it isn't. I just have a hard time believing that Grimmel did all by himself as the movie claims. That's my only point. Or that there are that few out there given the Hidden World.
I'm planning a fanfic from Toothless's viewpoint detailing his life from birth through the entire franchise. I plan to come up with something so that the deaths of all of Toothless's family is more sensible, but also leaving it open that there may be other Night Furies that Toothless has never met.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg: