Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
First HTTYD3 Poster
Topic Started: 01 Jun 2018, 18:25 (3905 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Cons: She looks sparkly. Most dragon species don't have much difference between males and females, but this female Night Fury has a substantially different body shape. Edit: No, it's more of the features than the body shape that look a lot different. She doesn't look "wild and elusive"; she looks tamed and cultured (no scars, very smooth scales). If Night Furies are supposed to be elusive, then why is she eye-catching?

Bonus con: a white Night Fury is a staple fanfiction cliche.

Pros: We've still only seen a tiny bit about her; they could do something fantastic. There might be a legitimate reason for and consequences from her lack of pigmentation which could add realism to the movie. Ultimately, the movies are made for kids and kids seem to like her.

Bonus pro: Hiccup finding his long-lost mother was probably also a staple fanfiction cliche before HTTYD2, and they made it work.
Clouds of corn <3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NFDan96
The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Hmm, the newer designs of the characters is something I'll have to get used to. It's kinda funny going back to the first movie and the first two seasons of the TV show seeing their younger designs again. So this will be the same going from the 3rd movie to the 2nd one.
<----------- This should never fail to make you smile. :)

Joel
What should I put here..

The whole reason shes white is that they're clearly trying to pursue the Ying Yang effect, its a bit odd but since she does live under the sea she doesn't need to fly in the night. Her body shape is very different as they both grew up in different environments or have had generations bought up in different environments.

(Yes, she does live under the sea, they're going back to what the books loosely did)

Zenna Fiersome
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm kind of wondering if the producers looked through some HTTYD fanfiction. I mean, I've seen a whole bunch of fanfics wherein they had a White Night Fury. Kind of curious if they took some inspiration from us fans. ;)