Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dean DeBlois AMA on reddit - today!
Topic Started: 07 Jun 2018, 05:10 (1607 Views)
hictooth
Archivist of Berk

According to howtotrainyourdragon.com, Dean DeBlois is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit, today at 16:00 UTC (so 17:00 UK time, 9:00 PT). It should happen on /r/movies.

If you've not done a reddit AMA before, it's basically where you get to ask a person any question, and hopefully they'll reply (although with the large number of questions I'm sure Dean will get, he won't reply to them all, I wouldn't think).

Is anyone going to ask him anything? I've got a few questions for him.

Oh, and if anyone on here has a question for him, but doesn't have and/or want a reddit account, reply with your question and I'll try and ask it for you! (no guarantee of a reply, though!)
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Eh, you really don't want my questions attached to your username. Besides, in my experience, the only 'questions' celebrities ever answer are either those that are just blind praise, or those with answers so obvious that anyone could ever figure them out. In their defence, both of these factors could well be a result of orders from their studio overlords.

Regardless, I don't expect any useful information to come out of this little reddit session. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm really just waiting for the trailer to give us things actually worth talking about.

Though now I'm wondering whether the trailer's going to drop before that session, and thus whether it's worth staying up late, or whether I should go to bed early and wake up early tomorrow morning to watch it instead.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Okay, I have a couple of questions. Feel free to ask or not ask any of them.

1: Will you be sorry to see the HTTYD movie series come to an end?
2: Why was a so-called Light Fury chosen to be Toothless' mate? Why couldn't she have been a normal Night Fury?
3: WHAT IN THE WORLD IS UP WITH TOOTHLESS' SKRILL POWERS?!?!?
4: Why was it decided to go with a non-linear timeline?
I may edit this post later with more questions, if I think of any more.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Cartoon Freak
07 Jun 2018, 12:17
in my experience, the only 'questions' celebrities ever answer are either those that are just blind praise, or those with answers so obvious that anyone could ever figure them out.
Yeah, I've always found that too, it's so annoying, but tbh it's what I expect.
Dragonrider's Fury
07 Jun 2018, 15:48
Okay, I have a couple of questions. Feel free to ask or not ask any of them.
All three of your questions have actually already been asked! Keep an eye out on the reddit thread to see if they get answered!
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.