Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The HTTYD3 Trailer is here!
Topic Started: 07 Jun 2018, 10:35 (3324 Views)
hictooth
Archivist of Berk

What's your reaction to it?
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

I have more thoughts about this than I thought I would have. I was expecting a simple teaser trailer, much like we got for the second film. Instead, we got a trailer with a lot of material. Indeed, far too much for me to go into this late at night. I will say, however, that it is immensely refreshing to see a studio actually try to convince me to buy a ticket, rather than just arrogantly assume I'm going to buy one (I'm looking at you, every Star Wars movie from The Force Awakens onwards).

I don't know whether this philosophy will carry through to the final product, but for now, this trailer is rock-solid as far as I'm concerned.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

“There were dragons when I was a boy.”

Sounds like HTTYD3 will have a slightly different intro than the other two, which I’m happy about.

I’m interested to note that Toothless is gaining Skrill powers and that the Light Fury can apparently teleport.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

A few thoughts I've had since watching it.
The Flashbacks

I loved the flashbacks to the first and second films, especially when to Forbidden Friendship in the first. Amazing idea, DreamWorks. Got the feels from that scene all over again. Just seeing it makes me want to re-watch the entire first film.

And the "There were dragons..." line, although I was fairly sure it would be in there, it was a wonderful reference to the books.
The Beard

I'm not fond of the beard. It just looks very very weird on him. I love how his hair seems to look more like HTTYD1 Hiccup hair, though. That's how I wished his hair would be like in HTTYD2.
New Look for Berk

I DON'T HAVE THE WORDS. HOW DO I GET THERE? I NEED TO LIVE THERE. Just look at all those dragons! It's insane!
Toothless is a Skrill now?

Bit confused with this one. I hope they don't just keep giving Toothless more powers like in HTTYD2. At least, if they do they need to have a good reason for doing so.
Toothless' antics

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

NightFury2001
Has left

My negative thoughts on the trailer, I'll probably reply later with my positive thoughts lol.
Spoiler: click to toggle
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

I do like the toothless parts but the main story line and the whole universe seems like they are just rushing to get to the end and not taking the time to build up from httyd 2 i understand its like 5 years later so i hope we get like a few comic books or tv series. But from the looks of the trailer there was alot to take in and i feel like thats gonna be the whole movie just smushing all these diffrent story lines together and its gonna get confusing and unsatisfying. Its prob just the trailer casue its trying to fit in so much in 2 min but httyd2 had an amazing trailer.... what happened???

OC: Oliver and Storm

AstridHofferson
Deadly Nadder

The Beard

I'm not fond of the beard. It just looks very very weird on him. I love how his hair seems to look more like HTTYD1 Hiccup hair, though. That's how I wished his hair would be like in HTTYD2.
I'm not fond of it either.....

I like how hiccup is reminiscing so they bring in some of the scenes from httyd1. Much like everyone I think,... I don't get the skill thing. We begin to see that toothless has some unknown powers and abilities in httyd2 but are they just overpowering it now??

Stoick: What in Thor's name is going on!?
Astrid: The eggs explode
- Gift of the Night Fury

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Me neither. :unsure:
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I know that I'm so whipped and I shouldn't have an opinion because I'm going to love this movie no matter what they do, but I honestly do believe that this is the BEST possible way they could end this series. It's going to be a gorgeous movie, it's going to explain where the dragons went and from what it sounds like, Berk is going to go with them?? I know people are worried and love to criticize things but I honestly,,, can't find anything I don't like. I was worried and I'm not anymore.
Some other things I wanted to point out:
The Light Fury is confirmed to be a different species that is not completely wiped out.
The lightning thing has been a Night Fury thing since the beginning. They're the "unholy offspring of lightning and death", so there must have always been an idea for Toothless to have some kind of involvement with lightning.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

#hipsterhaddock

OC: Oliver and Storm