Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Grimmel's Ships
Topic Started: 11 Jun 2018, 05:29 (1245 Views)
jeremykuan
Dragon Egg

Spoiler: click to toggle
"There were dragons...when I was a boy. Where they went, only a few know. Our story changed the world forever.”

-Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

According to IMDB, Drago is going to be in the movie. I assume that he and Grimmel will wind up being allies in some capacity (possibly only temporarily), if only to keep the plot from getting overly complicated.

It does raise the question of what their relationship would be, though. One would initially think that Grimmel would be Drago's superior, but I actually think it would be more interesting if Grimmel was an underling who managed to become the main threat. Perhaps his obsession with hunting the last of the Night Furies might cause him to attack Hiccup and company before Drago had assembled his forces.* That would be a great little subversion of narrative conventions.

* A tangent: it's worth pointing out here that, if I recall correctly, we never see what happens to Drago's army after the battle on Valka's island. Those troops could easily form the basis of a new army for Drago, or a force for Grimmel to take control of in his leader's absence.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote