Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
One more interview with Dean :)
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2018, 14:10 (1540 Views)
jeremykuan
Dragon Egg

Interview Here
"There were dragons...when I was a boy. Where they went, only a few know. Our story changed the world forever.”

-Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Comment on interview:

I have flattened affect, being autistic. That means that I usually won't cry when others do, but when I do, it's so intense it's embarrassing.

Wonder which one will happen during this movie? Maybe I'd better sit in the back at a 3 am showing or something.

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

MartianArchaeologist
13 Jun 2018, 19:24
Comment on interview:

I have flattened affect, being autistic. That means that I usually won't cry when others do, but when I do, it's so intense it's embarrassing.

Wonder which one will happen during this movie? Maybe I'd better sit in the back at a 3 am showing or something.
As someone who is also on the autism spectrum, I feel the same way.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

First of all, thank you for linking us to this interview. Please note that the following rant is entirely about the interview and not about you.

That interview was a fat load of ntoying. There was no information of any worth that we didn't already know from the trailer or about five other interviews. Seriously, did some studio person have to pre-approve all these questions to make them as meaningless as possible, or did the interviewer just have no clue on how to squeeze information out of someone or create any sort of interesting statements?

Seriously, even find a criticism of HTTYD 2 and get him to explain how he's addressing it in this movie. That's a chance for DeBlois to blow his own trumpet and maybe get some actual information out of him. Or at least show how he responds to criticism. That is a far more interesting insight into a person than his favourite toy based on one of his characters.

Then again, I suppose this is what passes for journalism nowadays. It's always more concerned with maintaining access than informing the public.

Sorry, rant over. Well, until the next time, as I expect a lot more of this sort of interview over the next nine months or so.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.