Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[Spoiler Warning] How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World; What we know and what we don't
Topic Started: 08 Nov 2018, 20:28 (16167 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Luna G. Hofferson
22 Jun 2018, 01:53
Is there a chance that Valka knew about the Light Fury? Or at least heard of stories about it?
Didn't Valka say something about never seeing a Night Fury "this close"? Chances are that she may have seen Light Furies from a distance. Sure, the color is different, but obviously they're the same species (they have to be, to have the romantic interest) and tons of other dragon species have coloration differences so she probably didn't even think of it. So I'd say yes, Valka has almost certainly seen light furies.
Clouds of corn <3
  PM (offline)     Profile

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Hm, interesting thoughts. I noticed the "this close" part, but I never put things together quite that way in my mind. We do know that the Light Fury is a subspecies of Night Fury, thanks to Dean. Anyway, as I said, interesting. :D
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile

hooligan
Dragon Egg

I've seen the movie (um... ten times now) so if anyone wants to know anything about it, I'm happy to answer :)
  PM (offline)     Profile

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

hooligan
08 Jan 2019, 09:36
I've seen the movie (um... ten times now) so if anyone wants to know anything about it, I'm happy to answer :)
Do you think the Berk Dragons return due to Hiccup and Astrid reuniting with Toothless and Stormfly?
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Ah, the answer has to be no here. The whole point of the ending is that not even Berk can keep dragons safe. And the world still isn't safe for them.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.
  PM (offline)     Profile

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

But hiding away doesn't solve the problem and I don't think the answer HAS to be no.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile

Light Fury
Cape Starling

I mean, it kinda does. No humans can get to the Hidden World and live to tell the tale. At least no one other than Hiccup and Astrid's descendants. And they would be tasked with keeping the secret of the dragons, while trying to make the world a safe place for them. The Hidden World is enough for the dragons. It is their ancestral home after all. People don't deserve dragons to live in our world, so the problem lies with people. The only way to ensure the safety of the dragons is to ensure people don't find out about them until the world is safe. The only way to make the world safe is with people changing people.

PM (offline)     Profile

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

No it doesn't. Hiding the dragons away and keeping them thought of as a myth does not teach humans to live in peace with them. What it does is just put a bandage over the problem. No one is going to convince me otherwise.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile

Light Fury
Cape Starling

I mean, that kind of thought is part of the problem, but there is no point continuing this.

PM (offline)     Profile

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Yeah neither of us are going to convince the other.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile