Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILERS] HTTYD 3 review
Topic Started: 15 Mar 2019, 02:17 (11619 Views)
Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
14 Mar 2019, 18:37
Though in RTTE there are some signs that perhaps there are other Night Furies out there.
When was that implied?
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

The dramilions. They used flame like a Night Fury.
Night Fury

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Hulk10
15 Mar 2019, 02:24
Didn't they just copy Toothless though?
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Dragondog
16 Mar 2019, 03:28
Hulk10
15 Mar 2019, 02:24
Didn't they just copy Toothless though?
Not necessarily. Hiccup said that they had flown over islands like that one many times. They didn't say they had flown over that particular island.
Night Fury

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

It's sad when you realise that Eret only got to spend one year with his dragon... :(
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Hulk10
14 Mar 2019, 18:37
My biggest issue is the idea that Toothless is the last of his kind...……. That really ruins the movie for me since the Night Fury is my favorite Dragon species...…….

Though in RTTE there are some signs that perhaps there are other Night Furies out there.
I mean, that's kinda the point though?

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

What do you mean by 'isn't that the point?'
Night Fury

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Well, Toothless being the last of his kind adds so much more value to Hiccup and Toothless' relationship. It also increases the stakes massively because even with Hiccup and Berk's protection, he's still in a considerable amount of danger, which was proven to be justified when he does get captured by Grimmel.

There is also a lot of mirroring used in the HTTYD trilogy, which this plays into. Hiccup causes Toothless to lose his tail fluke near the start of the movie, but end up losing the same part of his leg at the end. In the second, Hiccup becomes Chief of Berk, while Toothless becomes Alpha of Berk's dragons. In The Hidden World, Hiccup and Grimmel both had the opportunity to kill a Night Fury where it was sleeping, showing that just one decision can change who you become massively.

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Ok good points. But Toothless being the last of his kind creates unnecessary drama and sadness. Especially since it means that letting him go was ultimately a waste of effort as it doesn't save his species.
Night Fury

Light Fury
Cape Starling

That wasn't the point of letting him go though. And his species lives on in the Night Lights. Not as Night Furies, sure. They had to let go of each other for the greater good of their respective tribes.