Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILERS] HTTYD 3 review
Topic Started: 19 Mar 2019, 22:40 (11610 Views)
Hulk10
Terrible Terror

You don't understand. The Night Lights will likely breed with Light Furies and over time that will dilute the Night Fury bloodline until the species is totally extinct.
Night Fury
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Hulk10
19 Mar 2019, 22:40
You don't understand. The Night Lights will likely breed with Light Furies and over time that will dilute the Night Fury bloodline until the species is totally extinct.
This is actually a real-life thing that happened to dog breeds. There's one called the Welsh collie, which used to be popular (at least in Wales), but the farmers kept crossing it with the border collie — diluting the bloodline, as you say — and now it's a very rare breed.

(Sorry for going slightly off-topic. I know lots about dogs. :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Its fine its sort of on topic and it proves my point.
Night Fury

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Hulk10
20 Mar 2019, 22:34
Its fine its sort of on topic and it proves my point.
Okay. :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

It wasn't so much about saving his species, it was about saving <i>him</i>. And all dragons. Because he's the alpha, he can't leave the other dragons. And they won't all accept humans, so Hiccup and the gang can't follow.

But as we saw in the end, they can definitely visit each other :D
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

If I could go slightly off-topic, I'd like to talk about a misconception of HTTYD that I don't like. There seems to be a bit of confusion as to whether Toothless is just the alpha of Berk or the alpha of all dragons. I personally think that he is only the alpha of Berk. The alpha's control doesn't extend to all of dragonkind. If that was the case, then why do dragon packs have their own individual leaders, such as the Speedstinger alpha? There would be no need for them. I believe that the alpha only controls the dragons in its nest or the immediate local area.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
30 Mar 2019, 11:27
If I could go slightly off-topic, I'd like to talk about a misconception of HTTYD that I don't like. There seems to be a bit of confusion as to whether Toothless is just the alpha of Berk or the alpha of all dragons. I personally think that he is only the alpha of Berk. The alpha's control doesn't extend to all of dragonkind. If that was the case, then why do dragon packs have their own individual leaders, such as the Speedstinger alpha? There would be no need for them. I believe that the alpha only controls the dragons in its nest or the immediate local area.
Sounds pretty accurate, considering the Bewilderbeasts never had control over Berk's dragons until they were in the immediate vicinity.

But it seems like Toothless might be the alpha of all dragons after they all went to the Hidden World
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
31 Mar 2019, 02:42
BooksAreLikeDragons
Sounds pretty accurate, considering the Bewilderbeasts never had control over Berk's dragons until they were in the immediate vicinity.

But it seems like Toothless might be the alpha of all dragons after they all went to the Hidden World
I agree with you there. :) But when he lived with Hiccup, he was only the alpha of Berk.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

BooksAreLikeDragons
31 Mar 2019, 07:25
Dragondog
BooksAreLikeDragons

I agree with you there. :) But when he lived with Hiccup, he was only the alpha of Berk.
The reason he becomes the alpha of all dragons is because once the dragon exodus happens, all the dragons live in the Hidden World, are geographically within his reach as an alpha.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Light Fury
31 Mar 2019, 07:59
BooksAreLikeDragons
31 Mar 2019, 07:25
Dragondog

The reason he becomes the alpha of all dragons is because once the dragon exodus happens, all the dragons live in the Hidden World, are geographically within his reach as an alpha.
I agree.

IMPORTANT NOTICE