Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[No Spoilers] Haven't been to see the third film yet...
Topic Started: 07 Mar 2019, 04:00 (4053 Views)
Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

And I honestly don't know if I want to.

I've followed this trilogy for close to 6 years now. I've participated in gift exchanges, bounched around HTTYD themed IRC channels, Discord, servers, Skype groups, and fourms. For a while, I even administrated the HTTYD fanfiction wiki. I've made friends all over the globe, with only one thing in common: Dragons.

And now it's over. Already, the servers are beginning to quiet, and posts slow. I know I can't stop this from happening by not watching the last film, but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to watch it. I've had too much fun as a part of HTTYD, and don't want it to end.

No matter the case, thanks to all of you for making it happen. It's been one hell of a ride.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

You know we all still talk on the Dragon Chat? We're not all going to scatter after this :)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

Dragondog
07 Mar 2019, 04:04
You know we all still talk on the Dragon Chat? We're not all going to scatter after this :)
Oh yeah, I show up in there from time to time ^_^

Disquis has never really been my thing though. Maybe I'll have to look into it again. I do seem to remember it getting fairly dead when HTTYD3 got delayed all those times...
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

The chat's definitely not dead now ;)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Theotherunknown
07 Mar 2019, 04:11
I do seem to remember it getting fairly dead when HTTYD3 got delayed all those times...
Yeah, for awhile we were just commenting on the articles until we decided to move all the many many many off-topic posts over to the Dragon Chat.
Clouds of corn <3

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I don't know if this is any consolation, but the beauty of this is that it'll always be here for you to come back to. The community might disperse a bit (it'll take a while though) and new content will stop being released but you'll always have those films (and shows etc etc) to look back on. You don't really have to think of it as an ending if you don't want to- HTTYD is always going to be here and there will always be people who love it.
If you do decide to see it, definitely do it in theaters. It's beautiful and it's worth it. Best of luck! <3
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)