Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Question about Titanwing dragons
Topic Started: 18 Mar 2019, 19:29 (4487 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

If a dragon grows into a Titanwing, does that mean it becomes an alpha (not the alpha of all dragons, just the leader of their pack, like the Speedstinger alpha), or does it mean that it can try to earn the title? (Similar to Toothless in HTTYD 2.)

I'd like to know this for a HTTYD script that I'm writing.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Light Fury
Cape Starling

AFAIK, it doesn't automatically become the Alpha, but because of the increase in size and strength, it usually would. Same rules apply as the end of 2. E.g. Hookfang was still able to defeat the Titan Monstrous Nightmare in combat, and if that nightmare had been an alpha, Hookfang would/could have taken over.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Light Fury
18 Mar 2019, 21:26
AFAIK, it doesn't automatically become the Alpha, but because of the increase in size and strength, it usually would. Same rules apply as the end of 2. E.g. Hookfang was still able to defeat the Titan Monstrous Nightmare in combat, and if that nightmare had been an alpha, Hookfang would/could have taken over.
Thank you! :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Toothless could be a Titanwing as he's as big as his species gets.
Night Fury

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Hulk10
31 Mar 2019, 07:09
I think you're right. When he exploded out of the ice in HTTYD 2, that was probably what triggered him to 'evolve'. He had a basically inexhaustible shot limit, and he developed those new markings on his scales (but they are not there permanently — they only seem to show when he's angry), which are both signs of a dragon being a Titanwing. I'd say that he definitely is one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

BooksAreLikeDragons
31 Mar 2019, 07:38
Hulk10
I think you're right. When he exploded out of the ice in HTTYD 2, that was probably what triggered him to 'evolve'. He had a basically inexhaustible shot limit, and he developed those new markings on his scales (but they are not there permanently — they only seem to show when he's angry), which are both signs of a dragon being a Titanwing. I'd say that he definitely is one.
So, a common misconception is that Toothless at the end of HTTYD2 is a Titan Wing. What we know for all practical certainty is that there are very physical changes in size, markings and general appearance (longer, sharper spikes, etc.). Toothless doesn't have those, so he's probably not a Titan Wing. This is a good video discussing the evidence for and against him being a Titan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4Xwr-hqKY

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Light Fury
31 Mar 2019, 08:01
BooksAreLikeDragons
31 Mar 2019, 07:38
Hulk10
So, a common misconception is that Toothless at the end of HTTYD2 is a Titan Wing. What we know for all practical certainty is that there are very physical changes in size, markings and general appearance (longer, sharper spikes, etc.). Toothless doesn't have those, so he's probably not a Titan Wing. This is a good video discussing the evidence for and against him being a Titan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4Xwr-hqKY
That was a great video, and I agree with you now that Toothless is probably not a Titanwing. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hulk10
Terrible Terror

Titanwings are fully grown dragons as big as they get. That glowing thing. I know its the Alpha mode.
Night Fury