Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Favourite ROB/DOB quote?
Topic Started: 08 May 2014, 20:59 (4855 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

AuroraBorealis
08 May 2014, 15:45
Hope_and_Heir
07 May 2014, 23:15
AuroraBorealis
07 May 2014, 16:22
I love this one because Hiccup sounds so stupid. He doesn't own Snotlout or the Dragons!
"You can't ground me!" (Snotlout)
*Pokes Snotlout* "YES I CAN." (Hiccup)
I forgot about that one X'D
That episode Hiccup is an idiot. He locks up Hookfang, and takes him away from Snotlout. Hiccup would throw a tantrum if anyone did that to Toothless. And he has no right to ground Snotlout in the first place! He didn't obey, and an accident happened. I can see he needs a punishment, but Hookfang is Snotlout's dragon, not Hiccup's. (Sorry for all of this, I just hate that episode...)
I agree. I even asked Sven why the ridiculous locking up thing when he didn't do it with Toothless? I even told him "Why not lock up Toothless also. Huh?'

But yeah that part was dumb for Hiccup's mannerisms and such.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

HideousZippleback
09 May 2014, 00:59

I agree. I even asked Sven why the ridiculous locking up thing when he didn't do it with Toothless? I even told him "Why not lock up Toothless also. Huh?'

I wondered that too. Toothless got to sleep in Hiccup's room while the others were locked up in pens for the night. Why was Toothless more special than the other dragons?

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

HideousZippleback
09 May 2014, 00:59
AuroraBorealis
Hope_and_Heir
That episode Hiccup is an idiot. He locks up Hookfang, and takes him away from Snotlout. Hiccup would throw a tantrum if anyone did that to Toothless. And he has no right to ground Snotlout in the first place! He didn't obey, and an accident happened. I can see he needs a punishment, but Hookfang is Snotlout's dragon, not Hiccup's. (Sorry for all of this, I just hate that episode...)

RoB and DOB had a tendency to make Hiccup be a jerk… I hated a bunch of Hiccup moments... They kinda ruined his greatness....
The Gastov moment made me kinda upset too... Making him release his dragon was just kind of saddening.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Quote:

RoB and DOB had a tendency to make Hiccup be a jerk… I hated a bunch of Hiccup moments... They kinda ruined his greatness....
The Gastov moment made me kinda upset too... Making him release his dragon was just kind of saddening.
Ugh! I know, right!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

VampireAngel91
Dragon Egg

AuroraBorealis
Hope_and_Heir
AuroraBorealis
07 May 2014, 16:22
I love this one because Hiccup sounds so stupid. He doesn't own Snotlout or the Dragons!
"You can't ground me!" (Snotlout)
*Pokes Snotlout* "YES I CAN." (Hiccup)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
08 May 2014, 22:19
AuroraBorealis
Hope_and_Heir
I know, Hiccup was kind of a jerk. Shouldn't Stoick or Spitelout be in charge of Snotlout's punishment? Doesn't Hiccup realize that there are so many times he should've been grounded from Toothless for disobeying his father or doing something stupid.

As for quotes....well not really a quote but what about Dagur's crazy laugh after Hiccup reminded him of the drowning incident. Cracks me up every time.
I'm gonna step in and play Devil's Advocate for a minute.

Hiccup is the main "leader" of the Dragon Academy, kind of like a Chief. In this sense, it does not fall on either Spitelout or Stoick to find a suitable punishment for Snotlout's actions, but Hiccup, since he "leads" most of the training exercises. Also, if my memory serves me right, Hiccup ordered a retreat during the exercise, which Snotlout disobeyed, leading to Astrid's fall. (Granted, he does it in the season finale, and it saves them, but that was him taking an opportunity to help save his home, and not being boastfully arrogant.)

Anyways, Hiccup was very conflicted about it during the whole of part 1 and even asks Stoick's advice on the matter. Stoick reminds him he can't always be a leader and a friend, a lot of the time it's one or the other, and it's also part of being a Chief. So, in essence, Hiccup did what, as a leader, he thought was necessary, for the safety of the other Riders, although I'm sure it wasn't an easy choice. But as my favorite quote goes, "The right thing and easy thing are never the same." (I did like at the end of Part 2 that Hiccup and Snotlout settled it and shook hands, because Hiccup realized that Snotlout disobeying him was the right choice and helpful, in that circumstance.)

Although, I agree with most of you about Hookfang being locked up, that was just mean.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents, do with it what you will...

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

When Hiccup asked Toothless if he looked okay (Astrid was arriving) in ep 1:
"Oh, great. Dragon pity."
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Dragon_Rider
Dragon Egg

I don't remembrer the episode but it was something like:

"Yeah well tomorrow you're gonna have to deal with Hicctooth!"

:D
I love dragons, and food... ^_^

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Dragon_Rider
23 May 2014, 15:22
I don't remembrer the episode but it was something like:

"Yeah well tomorrow you're gonna have to deal with Hicctooth!"

:D
Oh yeah, that was from Thawfest in season 1 :D afterwards Astrid says "Hicctooth?!"
"Yeah - not my snappiest of comebacks..." <-- Hiccup
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

WhisperingDeathTrainer
Dragon Egg

'A Yak Gotta Do What A Yak Gotta Do'~Tuffnut
That Quote made me laugh XD

Barrel roll of Awesomeness

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Snotlout: Yeah, unconscious like a fox!
Tuffnut: That doesn't even make sense to ME. And I am foxy like a BADGER!
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns