Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Possibility of a 5th season?
Topic Started: 27 Sep 2014, 21:06 (1579 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

We already know we will be getting at least two more seasons of the show, and I believe that while the third season will be set between the second season and the second movie, the third will be set after the second movie, but before the third.

Since the release of the third movie has been pushed back by a year, it is possible that we could get a fifth season?

Now, I know this depends on a lot of things. Will ratings still be good enough by the end of the fourth season for it to even be considered? Will they still be able to turn a decent profit? Will they be able to secure a distributor? Will they decide that there's simply not enough story to fill up a whole entire new season? Or will they decide that they like it where they left our heroes off at the end of the fourth?

Obviously, the third movie will take place after the second movie, but some people have interpreted this to mean it will take place immediately after the second movie. I am not sure if this is correct, but I'm not saying it's not. But I did hear quite some time ago that the fourth season, as I said earlier, is set between the second and third movie. Now this, I would like to see, because I would love to see how the show changes, with Hiccup as chief, and with Valka and Eret added to the cast of characters.

Of course, I know it may just be too soon to tell, and when it comes closer, we will get a definite yes, or a definite no.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

I don't know about a fifth season, surely it's way too early to make accurate judgement. I'd wait until we're at least halfway through the fourth to speculate anything, but that's just me.

Would I want a fifth season depends on how the third and fourth went or would be going, and if there is actually any possibility of it at the time. Can't really say anything yet so I'll leave it at it would probably be nice for a fifth season, but don't quote me on that until the fourth season has started at least. :P

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I kind of hope they will stop after the 4th one. Don't get me wrong, I like the show a lot, but let's think about it.

If there will be a 5th season, then I think it's safe to assume it will air during 2017-2018. By that time, the 3rd movie will be out. And if the 3rd is indeed the final one, why bother with another mid-story?

At first I didn't like the idea of a 3rd season still being set between the first and second movies, until they said they will explain stuff like Hiccup's suit and so on(Please let it be more Grump!). And if the 4th season is indeed set between the second and third movies, that's even better because it will probably end just before 3 comes out, and tie us over. But another season after the final movie? Not liking the idea...

Pikey
Wow!

hcsp1
28 Sep 2014, 09:01
I kind of hope they will stop after the 4th one. Don't get me wrong, I like the show a lot, but let's think about it.

If there will be a 5th season, then I think it's safe to assume it will air during 2017-2018. By that time, the 3rd movie will be out. And if the 3rd is indeed the final one, why bother with another mid-story?

At first I didn't like the idea of a 3rd season still being set between the first and second movies, until they said they will explain stuff like Hiccup's suit and so on(Please let it be more Grump!). And if the 4th season is indeed set between the second and third movies, that's even better because it will probably end just before 3 comes out, and tie us over. But another season after the final movie? Not liking the idea...
Also depends on the time period that the third movie takes place, it might not make sense in that regard to have a fifth season either.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

hcsp1
28 Sep 2014, 09:01

I agree. The 3rd movie would be a good ending point for the HTTYD franchise. Anymore seems like overkill.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Just to clarify, everything in the current press releases points towards both the 3rd and 4th seasons being set pre-HTTYD 2. I haven't found anything at all suggesting that any episodes will take place between the 2nd and 3rd movies.

On more specifically to the topic at hand, I don't really want any more seasons than what's already been promised. Frankly, I think the 52 additional episodes already in the works might be overkill as it is. Even though it's OK and even often pretty good for what it is, the TV show is nonetheless not even in the same league as the movies quality-wise. If we take 92 episodes (the number currently already aired or planned) at roughly 20 minutes each, that's over 30 hours of content compared to what will end up being under 6 hours of content for the entire film trilogy barring a ridiculously long finale. A 5th season would make that ratio even more lopsided, which I just don't think is necessary given that the TV show has largely been filler in the grand scheme of the story arc. I'd rather have quality than quantity.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Frankly, I'm simply in favour of any plan that keeps the amount of Valka screentime to a minimum. Therefore, given that the current evidence suggests that seasons three and four will be set before HTTYD 2 (yay), I'm all in favour of stopping the show after four seasons.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.