Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Snotlout
Topic Started: 14 Apr 2014, 19:49 (1824 Views)
DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

I've heard this countless times: on the books, in the official site, and from a multitude of fans. But yet I can't remember one time in the movie or the TV series where they ever mentioned that Snotlout and Hiccup are cousins?

Would anyone care to enlighten me on the subject?
What dragon dreams are made of.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

Thaws festival (hope I spelled it right XD)

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

DragonDreamer
14 Apr 2014, 23:49
I've heard this countless times: on the books, in the official site, and from a multitude of fans. But yet I can't remember one time in the movie or the TV series where they ever mentioned that Snotlout and Hiccup are cousins?

Would anyone care to enlighten me on the subject?

THEY ARE????? :blink: :O
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

In the books they are
In dreamworks dragons i dont think they are
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

I kind of think they are because they do look a like in some ways to me and in Cast out Part one Snotlout did try to take over as Temp. Chief (although he could've also been trying to help Hiccup get everyone's attention) and you could only be of the bloodline to even attempt to fill in in Viling times (if I recall my history correctly)

Also the way he acts so mean and all to Hiccup really reminds me of how he didn't like him because
Hiccup was his cousin meaning Snotlout couldn't be chief and he didn't want a scrawny Hiccup to be Chief.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Night fury fire
15 Apr 2014, 09:08
In the books they are
In dreamworks dragons i dont think they are
I'm not sure. I've never read the books but I've always thought they were cousins. I guess, I have to check that Thawfest episode.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

CatsMeow
Gronckle

In the How to Train Your Dragon books by Cressida Cowell, Hiccup and Snotlout are both related. They're cousins. In the series or movie they never really hint at that, but I like to believe they are because in the movie we always see Snotlout's father with Stoick. I feel like that would be something a brother would do, always be there to help his brother (Stoick) with chieftain. xP

Defiant One was a good episode and it made me feel like they were truly Cousins. So I like to think they are...
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Well, he and Hiccup have different last names (Haddock and Jorgenson) so their fathers can't be brothers. Even if Valka was Spitelout's sister, because they never mention her maiden name, (but I doubt it, they don't really look anything alike) I'm not sure if that would mean Snotlout would be in line after Hiccup, because I think you had to be related on the father's side. I do think that Hiccup and Snotlout do look a little alike, in a vague way, but I think this is a coincidence because I don't think they're related in the DreamWorks universe. Also, someone probably would have mentioned something about it at ANY point in the movies or series if they were cousins.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

They are cousins. It was said on the old site.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha