Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Cartoon Network
Topic Started: 10 Jun 2014, 21:45 (2989 Views)
landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Could someone explain why CN have decided not to air ROB/DOB? It had high ratings and the viewer rate is well over 1 million per episode.What I'm really confused on is why they would do this considering the sequel is highly anticipated and bound for high ratings.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I'm not positive as to the reason, but if the show had high enough ratings and was enough of a hit, Netflix probably paid them a lot of money to get exclusive rights to air it.

My guess is that they saw it was a hit and thought "Hey, we want in on that!". Especially with the second film just about to come out and reinvigorate interest in the franchise. They probably saw a hit in the making and jumped on it while they could.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Like Eclipse-Wolven, I don't have a certain answer, but it could be like they said and Netflix jumped on it while they could, or I'm thinking that maybe it was DreamWorks' call and not Cartoon Network's. Cuz people have been saying that they want to have a big foothold in Netflix's kid's department. This would be a good way of doing that.
C4P741N 5W4N

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

oh ya true, netflix has a larger audience but can't they keep it on two networks or is Cartoon Network getting rid of Defenders of Berk

stormflys
Terrible Terror

It's going to be only on netflix. :/
check out my httyd 2 playlist on 8tracks!

[big][big][big]please click this link to help me win something!![/big][/big][/big]

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I was talking with Sven yesterday and he said he has no real idea either why CN dropped them...

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

My guess is DW pulled it. DW signed a huge deal with Netflix to provide a lot of new programming a few months ago. My guess is moving dragons was just part of the multi million dollar deal.

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Ok, so it was a year ago and not a few months

0Link

CatsMeow
Gronckle

I think it's because of CN schedules, or because it wasn't a high demand on television and more people viewed it online through live streaming or something else. I feel like Cartoon Network went down the drain and I don't watch it anymore. When I first discovered the TV series I just watched it online to talk to other fans and sometimes one of the crew members of DreamWorks would come to talk to us while viewing the latest episode. But then I decided to watch it on TV, and when I did I became to realize that Cartoon Network...ugh...I dunno, they sound cheap because of all the crap shows on there now.

I feel like Netflix payed a lot and so DreamWorks thought it sounded good enough to air on there, which I think is the right thing to do in my opinion. People will still be able to view it even if they don't have Netflix, as the seasons will most likely come out on DVD or someone will livestream it legally.
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I like your profile pic eclipse wolven