Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Continuity mistakes
Topic Started: 24 May 2018, 14:57 (11614 Views)
Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Probably.

I think they messed up Heather's past, too. It's stated that she hasn't seen her birth family since she was a toddler, implying that Dagur sent her adrift when she was that age.

In "Searching for Oswald... and Chicken" note Dagur finds from Oswald says, "I know you'll take great care of Heather" or something along those lines, implying that Oswald didn't know Dagur sent her adrift. For this to be true, Oswald would have to have disappeared when Heather was a toddler.

In "Twinsanity" Stoick (and everyone else) are surprised that Dagur is chief instead of Oswald. The treaty signing is annual, meaning Oswald only could have vanished within that past year. But the gang had already met Heather by that point, and she was around their age.

So she either aged very fast, or the writers messed up that little bit of info.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightFury2001
Has left

RTTE, and RoB/DoB to a lesser extent, have a lot of contradictions to the films so it's not surprising there's quite a few inconsistencies within the show itself lol.
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I realized another issue in RTTE: If you recall, in 'Night of the Hunters' Part 2, when Stormfly shoots her spines at Ryker, he catches one and says, "Perfect. Razor sharp tips for our spears and ballistas." HOWEVER: None, and I mean none of their spears or ballistas have Nadder spines for tips. Slightly odd... ;)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Joel
What should I put here..

In HTTYD 1, toothless goes super speedy gonzales but in the show he goes at a max of about 10km/h :P

NightFury2001
Has left

Joel
29 May 2018, 04:54
In HTTYD 1, toothless goes super speedy gonzales but in the show he goes at a max of about 10km/h :P
YES. This is one of my main complaints with the TV series honestly. Night Furies have been described as being the fastest dragon species many times across the franchise, it's clearly one of the main attributes, if not THE main attribute of the dragon and RTTE/DoB/RoB seem to ignore that most of the time. I could understand nerfing Toothless a bit for the show, but TVseries!Toothless is pretty laughable when compared to movie!Toothless lol.
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Joel
What should I put here..

Quote:

YES. This is one of my main complaints with the TV series honestly. Night Furies have been described as being the fastest dragon species many times across the franchise, it's clearly one of the main attributes, if not THE main attribute of the dragon and RTTE/DoB/RoB seem to ignore that most of the time. I could understand nerfing Toothless a bit for the TV show, but TVshow!Toothless is pretty laughable when compared to movie!Toothless lol.

In the show, they depict him as below the average dragon in terms of speed, manoeuvrability and overall strength. It's my one grudge with the series and that's why I don't necessarily watch it and engage it with that much -_- Although the show was pretty good in terms of the overall story but they did pull some items out of thin air for the sake of an episode ;)