Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Continuity mistakes
Topic Started: 13 Oct 2014, 23:42 (11626 Views)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Greyliminator
13 Oct 2014, 19:32
Also, in the series they made it look like hiccup had known his mother as a child of a few years old whereas in the second movie we get to know that this wasn't true and that he was still a baby when she left..
That bugs me too.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

That and the lighting are the problems I really have with it. As well as the plasma blasts that seeming ignite nothing, they just stay alight. :huh:

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

NightoftheFury
23 Jun 2014, 20:19
Rhonin

Toothless can control the strength of his blasts. The one in Defiant One was probably not at full power.
I think Toothless can also control where his shots will explode as well. In the HTTYD2 scene where Hiccup is flying next to toothless in his wingsuit, toothless can control where his shots explode in midair. It looks like they don't have to actually hit something to explode.
I heard somewhere that Toothless's plasma blasts are the product of something reacting with the oxygen in the air. So depending on how high Hiccup and Toothless were flying, there may have been a limited amount of oxygen, causing a difference in how quickly the blast explodes.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

Cast out part II at 17:28, alvin's armour can be seen through the book

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Something that really bothers me: In RTTE, the Dragon Eye shows what looks like a fist, which Hiccup says looks like a tribal crest. Tuffnut comments that it looks way cooler than Berk's crest. Hiccup replies, "Tuff, we don't HAVE a tribal crest."

Back in "Defiant One", Alvin finding Hiccup's bag with the Berk Crest was a major plot point. So don't tell me they don't have a tribal crest. ^)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Here's something: In RTTE "The Wings of War" Part 1, when Hiccup is talking to Stoick in the Great Hall, Spitelout is there and remarks on Gobber's "little tiny crew" song. Later on, in Part 2, when Hiccup goes to Storehouse Island, he finds Spitelout there, and asks, "Okay, so, what exactly have you been doing out here this whole time?", implying that Spitelout has been there for quite a while. That Spitelout has been there a while is further backed up the the following lines:

Spitelout: "I named them all. They became like family after time."

Hiccup: "I'm starting to think I may have showed up just in time, Spitelout." (Further implying that Spitelout has been gone for a while, and Hiccup thinks he's losing his mind.)

Spitelout: "Ah! Harmless, this one. Never moves from this spot. He thinks quite highly of himself." (Which suggests he's been watching it quite some time.)

What do you think? :)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Spitelout learned to clone himself! :P

Seriously though, you brought up some good points on that one.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Thank you. :D You also brought up some very good points about the whole 'Tribal Crest' thing.
Although, (it just occurred to me), it is remotely possible that the Berk Crest and the Hooligan Tribal Crest are two separate things (or one thing, if the Hairy Hooligan Tribe's crest actually doesn't exist. ^) )

Did that make any sense?

Team Pathetic Banner

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Dragonrider's Fury
24 May 2018, 17:35
Thank you. :D You also brought up some very good points about the whole 'Tribal Crest' thing.
Although, (it just occurred to me), it is remotely possible that the Berk Crest and the Hooligan Tribal Crest are two separate things (or one thing, if the Hairy Hooligan Tribe's crest actually doesn't exist. ^) )

Did that make any sense?
That might be true. A little clarification from the characters would have been nice, though.

Also, I don't remember which episode, but Fishlegs commented something like "Wouldn't it be amazing if my Meatlug laid an egg?" Apparently he forgot she already did. :unsure:

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

True, that. I think it was in RTTE "Total Nightmare".

Team Pathetic Banner