Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Continuity mistakes
Topic Started: 14 Jul 2014, 17:34 (11635 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Neilandio
21 Jun 2014, 18:15
In Breakneck Bog Hiccup says something about strating to forget his mothers face, but in HTTYD 2 we learn he never met her to begin with.
This.
This has really been bothering me.

This is why i think they messed up and Valka was away for more like 15 years not 20. Other wise Hiccup wouldn't remember her. Most kids don't remember the first 3 years of their life.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

BerserkDragon
05 Jul 2014, 19:26
This is more of a general-not-obligatory kind of thing but Astrid and Hiccup clearly like eachother, Astrid even kisses him at the end of the film, why do they act awkward whenever they're around eachother? (except the moment in the Thawfest episode)
Some might say it's because there are the other teens there, but at the end of the film there was the whole VILLAGE and in Animal House when their dragons protected them from the snow it's just them there but they still acted awkward.

I also noticed something else but I can't remember what XD I'll remember at some point.
But also in the series they teens were at an awkward age where relationships like that are awkward. Moments where it's not awkward do happen but most times between the ages of 13-16 relationships can be really awkward. And they're around 15/16 in the series.

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

CatsMeow
Gronckle

The shot limits if one thing that seems to be a mistake, and I wish they would've changed Toothless because in the movie during the Red Death he shoots like 14 plasma blasts...

Also, sometimes they forget Hiccup's yellow belt in small scenes, which is weird because he doesn't have the bottom half of his tunic that's under the yellow belt so yep. xD But ya, budget cut so there ya go... :'(
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I also find myself wondering . . . where did the riding harness go. In HTTYD he has it and is hooked in when he rides toothless.

In ROB/DOB, no harness and no hooking into the saddle (at least that I saw)

In HTTYD2, it is a new "harness" with his flight suit, but he still hooks into the saddle when riding.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

Okay, this is small and it's not really about the continuity between the show and movie, but it confused me.

Last night I rewatched both of The Heather Report episodes because I've been working on writing Heather into some of my fanfictions and wanted a refresh on her character. Anyway, in the second one (where Alvin has the Book of Dragons) toward the end when Hiccup and friends go to save Astrid, but are ambushed by Outcasts, Alvin has the book in his belt, right?

Well, there was one scene where the book was not in his belt. It wasn't on the ground and the Riders didn't have it back yet. Yet in the next scene, right before Astrid's Monstrous Nightmare saves her from being thrown over the cliff, it's back in Alvin's belt. Then, when the Nightmare knocks him out, it comes loose and Astrid grabs it.

Where was the book before that, then? Did they just forget to draw it in? It confused me (especially since I hadn't watched the ep in awhile) and I thought the Riders had gotten it back and then it was like..."Nope. Alvin still has it."
Coming Soon!!

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Jendora
17 Jul 2014, 17:47
Okay, this is small and it's not really about the continuity between the show and movie, but it confused me.

Last night I rewatched both of The Heather Report episodes because I've been working on writing Heather into some of my fanfictions and wanted a refresh on her character. Anyway, in the second one (where Alvin has the Book of Dragons) toward the end when Hiccup and friends go to save Astrid, but are ambushed by Outcasts, Alvin has the book in his belt, right?

Well, there was one scene where the book was not in his belt. It wasn't on the ground and the Riders didn't have it back yet. Yet in the next scene, right before Astrid's Monstrous Nightmare saves her from being thrown over the cliff, it's back in Alvin's belt. Then, when the Nightmare knocks him out, it comes loose and Astrid grabs it.

Where was the book before that, then? Did they just forget to draw it in? It confused me (especially since I hadn't watched the ep in awhile) and I thought the Riders had gotten it back and then it was like..."Nope. Alvin still has it."
Goofups like this often happen in any movie or tv show.

Example in National Treasure when Ben is arrested by the FBI Riley and Abagail are seen walking in and away at least 3 times before the camera actually goes on them walking in and away.

There's always something that gets messed up and doesn't get fixed in editing when it comes to film making, animated or not.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

At the end of the first film, everyone has their own dragon, but in the series only the teens have their own dragons, and apparently Hiccup has to give permission for someone to ride a dragon! It all seems pretty strict.
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Toothless123
Night Fury

This isn't really a continuity mistake, but it's a mistake nothetheless.
In Appetite For Destruction, when Snotlout goes to pick up the Terrible Terror, he has his wristguards on.

In the next shot that we see him in, he doesn't.

Maybe the animators just forgot to add them? ^)

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

They also made plenty of mistakes with Ruffs hair...

Sometimes parts are missing or the gravity is wrong XD
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I think I've already posted this, but in the film we see that Changewings are clearly already drawn in the Book of Dragons, but in the series, there isn't a single picture of them.
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.