Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Continuity mistakes
Topic Started: 11 Aug 2014, 08:52 (11838 Views)
HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

ToothlessNightFury
14 Jul 2014, 21:37
BerserkDragon
05 Jul 2014, 19:26
This is more of a general-not-obligatory kind of thing but Astrid and Hiccup clearly like eachother, Astrid even kisses him at the end of the film, why do they act awkward whenever they're around eachother? (except the moment in the Thawfest episode)
Some might say it's because there are the other teens there, but at the end of the film there was the whole VILLAGE and in Animal House when their dragons protected them from the snow it's just them there but they still acted awkward.

I also noticed something else but I can't remember what XD I'll remember at some point.
But also in the series they teens were at an awkward age where relationships like that are awkward. Moments where it's not awkward do happen but most times between the ages of 13-16 relationships can be really awkward. And they're around 15/16 in the series.
But they touch each other quite often. :-) At least in the first couple of episodes, I've just started to re-watch the series.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Neilandio
21 Jun 2014, 18:15
In Breakneck Bog Hiccup says something about strating to forget his mothers face, but in HTTYD 2 we learn he never met her to begin with.
Also, that he threw the dragon toy into the ocean, and at the time we saw him in the movie, I doubt he was capable of walking or throwing.

And I'm not sure if anyone else has said this yet, but how Ruffnut cuts her hair super short in "Free Scaldy" and in the next episode it's immediately back to its normal length.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the show, and it's more of an editing mistake than a continuity error, but in the first movie, during the scene where Stoick goes into the forge to talk to Hiccup, Hiccup's notebook falls on the floor. Later in the scene, it's back on the table without anyone picking it up.

And in the scene where Hiccup is trying to attach Toothless's tail fin, Toothless is eating out of a basket, and then it falls to the side. In the next shot, the basket disappears.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

BerserkDragon
18 Jul 2014, 16:36
At the end of the first film, everyone has their own dragon, but in the series only the teens have their own dragons, and apparently Hiccup has to give permission for someone to ride a dragon! It all seems pretty strict.
Same as with GOTNF. In that, everyone has their own domesticated dragons, (including the new baby dragons) and this canonically takes place before RoB, but in How To Start a Dragon Academy, everyone seems not only not to have dragons, but actively hostile to them. I mean, something could have happened between those, but everyone seems pretty content from HTTYD to GOTNF, and after GTONF, everyone seems happy about getting their dragons back. It's a bit strange.

Also, I'll agree with the shot limit thing being a bit strange. Toothless definitely has enough shots to take down the Red Death in HTTYD, but can only apparently fire six in the series. Perhaps it is something to do with cooling down, but a Monstrous Nightmare seems to only have the Ten shot limit throughout the whole battle scene at the beginning of HTTYD 1, when it would have theoretically had enough time to cool down. It's a strange one. Perhaps Oxygen-Acetylene flames just take a shorter time to make? Or maybe it's just a trait of the Strike Class. I'm unsure.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Coyote-Walker
Mermaid Viking

ToothlessNightFury
14 Jul 2014, 21:34
Most kids don't remember the first 3 years of their life.
As someone who hasn't seen her birth mother since the age of 3, I can safely gaurentee you that even though I do have memories of that time (from the abuse I suffered due to her neglect), I don't remember her. When I was around the age of 10 to 12, I could but not anymore. So him saying in the show that he is forgetting her face, and him not recognizing her in the 2nd movie, IMHO wouldn't be a continuity error.

THAT BEING SAID: Since we find out in the 2nd movie that she's been gone since he was 1....eh kinda blows my whole spiel out of the water.
athena2235
17 Jul 2014, 05:37
I also find myself wondering . . . where did the riding harness go. In HTTYD he has it and is hooked in when he rides toothless.

In ROB/DOB, no harness and no hooking into the saddle (at least that I saw)

In HTTYD2, it is a new "harness" with his flight suit, but he still hooks into the saddle when riding.
BerserkDragon
18 Jul 2014, 16:36
At the end of the first film, everyone has their own dragon, but in the series only the teens have their own dragons, and apparently Hiccup has to give permission for someone to ride a dragon! It all seems pretty strict.

They did that for money issues. It would've cost too much to have to animate all those dragons and such, it wouldn't have allowed them to focus on the main point of the show.

Most of the problems with the show are due to this. -_-
Tumblr

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

BerserkDragon
09 Aug 2014, 12:14
I think I've already posted this, but in the film we see that Changewings are clearly already drawn in the Book of Dragons, but in the series, there isn't a single picture of them.
THIS!!! This bothers me every time haha

not pointing anything out here but....
TheBlackFluffyThing
12 Jul 2014, 18:59

The contraption as seen in the movie:

I love his face here

Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

In "portrait of hiccup as a buff young man" (best name ever btw) you can see the twins climping up the wrong heads XD (while escaping from the collapsing glacier).

A little mistake, tho.
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

SplashTheScauldron
08 Sep 2014, 13:30
In "portrait of hiccup as a buff young man" (best name ever btw) you can see the twins climping up the wrong heads XD (while escaping from the collapsing glacier).

A little mistake, tho.
Well, we do know that the Twins sometimes do inadvertently climb onto the wrong heads, as shown in Thorfest. Maybe it was going to be mentioned as a sort of aside comment, but the writers either had time constraints or just felt that the scene wasn't relevant to the story. After all, a lot of stuff is crammed into that episode.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Toothless123
Night Fury

No furs

With furs

^Why is Hiccup wearing his furs on top of his PJs?(I'm assuming his tunic without the furs are his PJs, and they're also the clothes he wears for working in the forge- probably because his furs would catch on fire if he wore them.) -_- He didn't do that in the first film, as the first picture shows! -_-
Damn, you can really see the difference in the animation between the film and the show though.

Pikey
Wow!

The lighting is all that really bugs me, it's like the difference between playing Quake 3 with lightmap vs vertex lighting. One is really low quality, almost mono-bright, the other is lovely lovely yes lighting. :P

Greyliminator
Small home repairs viking

Also, in the series they made it look like hiccup had known his mother as a child of a few years old whereas in the second movie we get to know that this wasn't true and that he was still a baby when she left..

That they jump on and off dragons really fast without putting any gear on and stuff bothers me as well..
Um.. Hi?