Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Season 3 Expectations
Topic Started: 08 Nov 2014, 22:59 (5336 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

And I REALLY hope the fourth season will take place after the second movie.

MORE VALKA AND MORE ERET!!!(And Cloudyjump! )
And I'm hoping for the exact opposite, that all of the series takes place before the second movie. That way, it can take me back to my happy place where I don't have to deal with the travesty that is Valka.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Quote:

And I'm hoping for the exact opposite, that all of the series takes place before the second movie. That way, it can take me back to my happy place where I don't have to deal with the travesty that is Valka.
Maybe I'm the hopeless optimist here thinking a not great character can become better. But if done right you could possibly get a bit out of Valka, and her become a bit better as a character. Do I think they will or could eh that's a toss up at best, but I'm hopeful I suppose.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

In my experience, optimism generally leads to disappointment. Especially in this case, given that the only character who was written better in the series (compared to the movies) is Spitelout, and that's more by virtue of having more than a couple of random lines.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Cartoon Freak
09 Nov 2014, 22:52
In my experience, optimism generally leads to disappointment. Especially in this case, given that the only character who was written better in the series (compared to the movies) is Spitelout, and that's more by virtue of having more than a couple of random lines.
Only if you prescribe to the idea that optimism is the antithesis of cynicism for which it is not. While optimism and foolishness go hand in hand more often than not. One can still be hopefully optimistic about something happening but cynical about the how, when, if, and whether it was any good at all. Do I think the show will do this more than likely not but there is the slim chance. I'll just have to wait and see if they do it and whether it turns out any good at all.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Optimism is basically the expectation that a good outcome will happen. It is that expectation that leads to disappointment, and why I generally aim to steer clear of optimism. To be more precise, I aim to steer clear of it when it comes to things I can't control, like the quality of a TV show and its handling of a particular character. There is a legitimate argument that optimism can lead to better results when the person can actually influence the results, but that's another matter entirely.

Without expectation, the term "hope" is a much better description than "optimism".