Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Does anyone think or know if...
Topic Started: 04 Jul 2014, 20:24 (1781 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I have heard rumors, mainly on facebook when it was first released that the series was moving to netflix, that they were kind of "Selling it" to netflix and a lot, I mean a lot.. of people were doubting or even giving up hope that they would release it on dvd. Do you think this is true at all? I plan to subscribe for netflix just for the series, but it would be really disappointing if they didn't release the dvd's... as I have been building a collection of them.. It'd be like, incomplete, without it. So, if anyone has heard any details on if this is true or not, please let me know!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

I think we will see it on DVD. Even though DW stated that season 3 + 4 would be Netflix exclusives, I think they were referring to it premier/airing over Netflix. By that I mean that while the season is taking place the only place to view it would be Netflix (no other channel/online site will have it legally). But once the season ends I'm positive that it will be on DVD.

If you think about it DW will still hold the rights to the show (along with 20th Century Fox), so WHY would DW want to pass up an opportunity to make even more money by selling DVDs ;)

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

NightoftheFury
05 Jul 2014, 05:30
I think we will see it on DVD. Even though DW stated that season 3 + 4 would be Netflix exclusives, I think they were referring to it premier/airing over Netflix. By that I mean that while the season is taking place the only place to view it would be Netflix (no other channel/online site will have it legally). But once the season ends I'm positive that it will be on DVD.

If you think about it DW will still hold the rights to the show (along with 20th Century Fox), so WHY would DW want to pass up an opportunity to make even more money by selling DVDs ;)
I think, and hope, you are right about that. I would really like to finish my colllection of HTTYD dvd's. they are all DVD but ya, I would really really like to just complete it so one day when I have kids I can share this great experience with them.
Anyway, thanks for replying! Btw I noticed your name is similar to mine! Cool!

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Quote:

Anyway, thanks for replying! Btw I noticed your name is similar to mine! Cool!
Both inspired by the same Defenders of Berk episode I presume ^_^ (it's my favorite episode)

theringhero
All that is gold does not glitter.

I've been wondering how Netflix will affect the quality of the show, story-wise and visual? The series really hit its rhythm in Defenders, I think. Overall, Riders wasn't extremely interesting to me.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

theringhero
08 Jul 2014, 15:42
I've been wondering how Netflix will affect the quality of the show, story-wise and visual? The series really hit its rhythm in Defenders, I think. Overall, Riders wasn't extremely interesting to me.
I liked both of them, though defenders did have better visuals I really liked both of the seasons. I am wondering how it will affect them too. Will they use the new animation, or a lesser one? Also, will they be the same age as the end of defenders of berk, or already aged up?

Note to self: It'd be fun to watch Hiccup grow up from gangly kid to the man he became in httyd 2.

Which makes me wonder, will we be seeing some gangly teenage Hiccup as he is growing up? I really hope they do some sort of aging with them. =)

doeslingx
...and one other reason

The best thing that the Netflix release is going to mean is that all the episodes in each season will be released in one go. No agonising waits from week to week... I intend to do some serious bingeing.
I don't have a signature, see?

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

doeslingx
10 Jul 2014, 00:47
The best thing that the Netflix release is going to mean is that all the episodes in each season will be released in one go. No agonising waits from week to week... I intend to do some serious bingeing.

I couldn't almost couldn't stand having to wait almost a month from the time I finished Defenders of Berk part 1... to see the end of View to a Skrill and the other 10 eps...and I never watched the series on Cartoon Network because.... by the time I jumped into HTTYD.. the whole season had just ended...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

doeslingx
10 Jul 2014, 00:47
That's a very good point.. I too will end up binge watching it ^_^

Although it'll be nice, I'm still not sure if this is better. As painful as it is waiting a week for each episode, it also means it lasts longer and there's always something to look forward to. When it's just released all together, it's a few days of happy dragons then back to the long wait for HTTYD3. :(

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Netflix put both Orange is the New Black and House of Cards (their two biggest original shows) on DVD, so I have no doubt they would do so with Dragons.

However, I thought I read somewhere they were going to add the Dragons shows gradually (more like Hulu Plus) but I can't find the article now.