Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your opinion on Heather?
Topic Started: 22 Jul 2014, 20:20 (4232 Views)
Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

Berserk Shieldmaiden
12 Jul 2014, 18:47
Eret
12 Jul 2014, 18:31
She's whatever as a character (i don't really care either way) but I can't stand her name! Not because Heather is a bad name or anything, but it just fills me with irrational frustration that this is a universe filled with names like Hiccup, Snotlout, Astrid, Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Gobber etc etc and then.... Heather???????????
Apparently Heather isn't even a Norse name.
I have this little headcanon...theory...that perhaps, Heather isn't even full Norse. The name Heather is actually English or a Norse-English (not that was what they called them). From this, I think that Heather is from England (which did exist during the Viking Age).

I also have this other possibly ridiculous theory that Berk is actually an island off of Mainland Scotland.

Uff da, yo.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

She is a good character, but she got in the way of hiccstrid. She hung out with hiccup so much that it made astrid jealous.
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Norskie
23 Jul 2014, 00:20
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Eret
12 Jul 2014, 18:31
She's whatever as a character (i don't really care either way) but I can't stand her name! Not because Heather is a bad name or anything, but it just fills me with irrational frustration that this is a universe filled with names like Hiccup, Snotlout, Astrid, Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Gobber etc etc and then.... Heather???????????
I have this little headcanon...theory...that perhaps, Heather isn't even full Norse. The name Heather is actually English or a Norse-English (not that was what they called them). From this, I think that Heather is from England (which did exist during the Viking Age).

I also have this other possibly ridiculous theory that Berk is actually an island off of Mainland Scotland.
Maybe she's Celtic?
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Heather wasn't that bad of a character in my opinion and I hope they bring her back at some point :)

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

HiccupxAstrid123
23 Jul 2014, 01:10
She is a good character, but she got in the way of hiccstrid. She hung out with hiccup so much that it made astrid jealous.
Astrid shouldn't have gotten jealous that easily really...
BerserkDragon
23 Jul 2014, 17:18
Norskie
Berserk Shieldmaiden

Maybe she's Celtic?
This interests me now xD
The Norse Nerd
23 Jul 2014, 22:26
Heather wasn't that bad of a character in my opinion and I hope they bring her back at some point :)
Me too. She had her faults, but shouldn't every character?
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

thenightandthefury
12 Jul 2014, 04:54
In the movie I think she was very lightly referenced, during Hiccup and his mothers bonding scene. Right when the music played, right around the time he was spreading out his map and his mother drew it in the snow, he said something along the lines of "Then there was the time I met a girl on dragon island."

Granted, it was hard to hear it through the music, he said it so softly, but it was something I picked up on right away.

I feel like this had to be Heather. Or some other girl.. no one else seems to have noticed this, though.
Hehehehe...

-Gets out paper and starts writing fanfiction-

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

HiccupxAstrid123
Stick with your opinion, but i personally think that really, she was trying to save her parents. I mean, you would, wouldn't you? Plus, Astrid getting jealous was supposed to be a little be funny. I mean, no one gets that jealous, that easy.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Nah...Heather is too forgettable. I would say that we might not be seeing her anytime soon.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Lastandir
Gronckle

Norskie
Why not?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Scotland

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

WasBornCrazy
24 Jul 2014, 10:00
HiccupxAstrid123
Stick with your opinion, but i personally think that really, she was trying to save her parents. I mean, you would, wouldn't you? Plus, Astrid getting jealous was supposed to be a little be funny. I mean, no one gets that jealous, that easy.
True, but she was firting with hiccup a little bit that's what in looked like to me.
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE