Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How do you think Hiccup's relationship with Astrid will change?
Topic Started: 07 Sep 2014, 08:46 (2470 Views)
LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

BerserkDragon
07 Sep 2014, 12:20
LawOfTheSeas
06 Sep 2014, 22:30
Coyote-Walker
06 Sep 2014, 22:12
This, all the way, THIS.

I don't see Astrid as being into all the romantic stuff, and even though I bet Hiccup will do some small romantic gestures (which I think would be adorable to see) I want to see more of them building their own bond like with their dragons.
Absolutely. Hiccup calling Astrid 'milady', or a few short kisses from time-to-time are all fine. Just never do the clichéd stuff...
I love this reference! Beautiful!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

obsidianz
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I do hope it's mostly quality development+cute, but I don't want a lot of drama. It's not even about being overly romantic; I just really want to see a healthy relationship and trust. <3 But then, I shy away from conflict.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Here is how I see it:
Show- Hiccup and Astrid are friends with benifits
2nd movie - Hiccup and Astrid are actually a couple(Even hinted that they are engaged)

What I would like to see is how they got from this to that. I wouldn't mind a filler episode that will focus on that only(Like showing them not being sure on what they are or something, and then at the end they will come to a realization), but at the same time, hope they won't put too much attention to it as we will probably have bigger stories to follow.

Honestly, I always thought that near the end of the series(Which means now, season 4) they will actually become the couple they are in HTTYD 2 and because of that, we will see Snotlout shift his attention to Ruffnut. Now, because Ruffnut is the final single teen on Berk, Fishlegs wants her as well and that kicks off them fighting over her in the movie(According to Dean, that's really the reason they are fighting over her, she is the last single lady in their age group).

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

hcsp1
26 Oct 2014, 07:59
Here is how I see it:
2nd movie - Hiccup and Astrid are actually a couple(Even hinted that they are engaged)

What I would like to see is how they got from this to that. I wouldn't mind a filler episode that will focus on that only(Like showing them not being sure on what they are or something, and then at the end they will come to a realization), but at the same time, hope they won't put too much attention to it as we will probably have bigger stories to follow.

Honestly, I always thought that near the end of the series(Which means now, season 4) they will actually become the couple they are in HTTYD 2 and because of that, we will see Snotlout shift his attention to Ruffnut. Now, because Ruffnut is the final single teen on Berk, Fishlegs wants her as well and that kicks off them fighting over her in the movie(According to Dean, that's really the reason they are fighting over her, she is the last single lady in their age group).
When and how did they hint that they are engaged I didn't notice it. :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

AMO1912
Member Avatar
HTTYD Series Lover

HiccupxAstrid123
27 Oct 2014, 23:05
hcsp1
Here is how I see it:

When and how did they hint that they are engaged I didn't notice it. :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
I don't think they hinted it but if it was true you could definitely tell why..... :hiccup: :astrid: <3
"What do you say Bud? Should we go for another flight?" - Hiccup

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

HiccupxAstrid123
27 Oct 2014, 23:05
hcsp1
Here is how I see it:

Stoick: That's my future daughter in law!

And if anyone tells me that doesn't mean anything, this is why I mentioned it's implied and not confirmed.

thewookie1
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

RealHousewifeofBerk
12 Aug 2014, 14:56
Less awkwardness, being more comfortable around each other, but not being a mushy "I love you so much never leave me or I'll die" kind of couple. Just like how we see them in the second movie, being candid and playful, yet able to have serious conversations. They obviously trust each other, and Astrid even goes along with Hiccup's questionable plans. (*cough cough* Eret's ship *cough*) According to Wikipedia, Astrid is Hiccup's right hand woman, but so far I feel like we haven't seen much of that. I would definitely like to see more of this. Trusting and respecting each other even in a non-romantic way.
I agree, they don't need to make them romantic persay. I sorta like how they've done it so far with subtle hints on their concern for one another. Just upgrade it at tad. The occasional punch kiss tandem, along with Hiccup being awkward trying to be romantic.

I'd also like to as seasons catch up to the 2nd movie, Snotlout getting the hint that Astrid is a lost cause and his shift of focus to Ruffnut. Along with Fishleg's sudden attraction to Ruffnut.

Furthermore I'd enjoy some Toothless related relationship occurances creep up, rather jealousy or pushing the ship in his own way. Related in a sense would be having Hiccup giving Astrid a basic training in how to fly Toothless in the event he is unable too. That would certainly give the sign she's his right hand lady.

Lastly more back and forth between them on decision making and signs of mutual trust in the other should be furthered.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Honestly it isn't needed. Why can't they make a show or high-grossing franchise without any kind of romance? Can't we just have the same material without characters being pushed into relationships for once?

Mccallistair
Gronckle

No.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

HideousZippleback
19 Nov 2014, 05:35
Honestly it isn't needed. Why can't they make a show or high-grossing franchise without any kind of romance? Can't we just have the same material without characters being pushed into relationships for once?
A lot of things aren't needed. The movies would do just as well without Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who don't really add anything to the overall story and are honestly just there for comic relief. Seeing as how Dean DeBlois wants to end the trilogy with an adult, chief Hiccup, Hiccup is going to need to marry and produce an heir. That's where Hiccup's romance with Astrid comes in. It at least has a lasting effect on Hiccup and contributes to the story in some way.