Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Camicazi
Topic Started: 02 Oct 2014, 11:20 (1736 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

There were a lot of people talking about how they would want Camicazi to be if they added her to the series, or if they even should at all. So I made this thread. Now go berserk!
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

It's a simple no from me, but I guess it depends how it would be done, it's only a yes if it's done well and I can't really say what constitutes that so I stick with no.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

RealHousewifeofBerk
02 Oct 2014, 15:20
Now go berserk!
I SHALL AS THAT IS MY NAME. xD

I think Camicazi would be a cool character to have in the series. I wouldn't want her to be like Heather, though.
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I realize that they aren't the exact same character, but Astrid is still more or less her replacement in the movie/TV universe with more than a few similarities between them. Given that, it would be tough to add her in without it seeming a bit redundant from a plot/characterization standpoint.

I suppose they could create a new female character by the same name as a fan service, but then the people most interested in seeing her would probably just be disappointed that it's not the real Camicazi. Therefore, I think it's probably best just to leave her out of the series altogether.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I haven't read any of the books except for the first one yet, (I KNOW! I KNOW! Please don't throw things!) so I guess this subject would be more sensitive to people who have read the books and who know and love Camicazi. But for me, it doesn't matter if they do or don't put her in the series, but just please, please, Dreamworks, don't reduce her to another love-triangle character! I think I speak for everyone when I say that that would just ruin her and that she doesn't deserve that. It would just be an insult to Camicazi and a slap in the face to fans of the books. I think that's the worst thing they could possibly do with her, aside from turning her into a stereotypical "dumb blonde". *Shudders*
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

RealHousewifeofBerk
03 Oct 2014, 11:43
I haven't read any of the books except for the first one yet, (I KNOW! I KNOW! Please don't throw things!) so I guess this subject would be more sensitive to people who have read the books and who know and love Camicazi. But for me, it doesn't matter if they do or don't put her in the series, but just please, please, Dreamworks, don't reduce her to another love-triangle character! I think I speak for everyone when I say that that would just ruin her and that she doesn't deserve that. It would just be an insult to Camicazi and a slap in the face to fans of the books. I think that's the worst thing they could possibly do with her, aside from turning her into a stereotypical "dumb blonde". *Shudders*
Truth.... Cami isn't your average ditzy girl. I just think the tv show would ruin her...
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

I'd sure like to see her.
My dragon den:

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

RealHousewifeofBerk
03 Oct 2014, 11:43
Camicazi isn't a love interest in the books. She's just a close childhood friend to Hiccup, so even if they do introduce her in the new seasons, it definitely wouldn't be a love triangle. Besides, this new season is supposed to have more focus on Hiccup and Astrid's relationship.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

I'd say no, because they based Astrid on Camicazi but made her a love interest to allow more depth to the story. Besides in the book, Camiczi rides a dragon named Stormfly... How would that work out?