Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Season 1 vs Season 2
Topic Started: 30 Oct 2014, 12:55 (2542 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

season 2 had better episodes in my opinion. But I did miss hiccups narrations :(

what I liked was that in season 2 was that they brought in much more emotional content like when hookfang nearly died and when stoick releasied thornado. Even though in episode 5 hiccup had to leave toothless on dragon island, it was obvious that they would not be seperated for long. whereas when stoick realised thornado, I cried, and it was the first time httyd had made me cry :'(
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

The two season are pretty close for me, but I slightly preferred Season 1 because it had more Toothless-centric episodes. I'd say that both seasons have their strengths. Season 2 had better animation, but it seemed like it more about the other teens -- especially Fishlegs and Snotlout -- than Hiccup and Toothless. Whether or not that's a negative thing is probably a matter of personal taste.

Hope Season 3 bests them both.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I preferred season 1 too. Even though season 2 had better pacing, the first season wasn't so action packed. I just liked the calmer style most episodes had. I also enjoyed the character driven episodes in season 1 better and the characters are an important part of the HTTYD universe to me. ^_^

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I don't really care for either for lots of reasons but if they make the third season more with showing the dragons as creatures with intelligence and personality (and I don't just mean Toothless. Everything isn't just centered about them) and for the characters to actually show that they are friends and not always bickering.

Also... Way to much Fishlegs all the time.