Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
New Article Confirms Storylines
Topic Started: 09 Jan 2015, 00:43 (2086 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

So this article contains spoilers, but for those who predicted storylines you shouldn't be too surprised. Still, one major question regarding the timeline of the series is answered in THIS article below:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Now if you want to see the spoiler, I have copy and pasted the short paragraph mentioned there to save you on reading. If you dare, click below.
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Wait, it takes place post HTTYD 2?
Okay, cool I guess...

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Apparently so... =/

Mccallistair
Gronckle

I think this is most likely a fault on the part of the article writer. All other sources have indicated that the new seasons will be PRE HTTYD2, and even the paragraph states that the series will caver events that would have happened in the five year gap. We're not getting anything post HTTYD2, at least not yet....

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

After posting my comment I started thinking that when they said "bridging the gap between HTTYD 2 and 3" they meant it in terms of giving us our "Dragons" fill until the 3rd movie comes out. Seeing how this season will start this year, it will most likely go either until late 2015 or very early 2016. The confirmed 4th season will probably premiere in sometime in 2016 and would probably finish sometime in 2017, before the 3rd movie comes out.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

If the next two seasons are set between HTTYD 2 and 3, then it will be a very, very long couple of years for me. Here's hoping the article is wrong, and it's set before HTTYD 2.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Cartoon Freak
09 Jan 2015, 13:17
If the next two seasons are set between HTTYD 2 and 3, then it will be a very, very long couple of years for me. Here's hoping the article is wrong, and it's set before HTTYD 2.
For once... I agree with you. It would seem like a very long, long series if they were both set after the 2nnd film. I could understand if season 3 was set before hand and season 4 afterwards, but both series set after HTTYD 2.. is sorta mind boggling. Oh well, here's to hoping for pre-HTTYD 2, I suppose. Cheers.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

I seem to be the only one even slightly happy about the series being set post-HTTYD2. I mean, ERET AND VALKA? Although I would have liked to see the origins of the flight suit, ect.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I really don't see this as confirming a post-HTTYD 2 setting at all. I think it's most likely that the article used the phrase "bridging the gap" in a confusing manner and that they meant to simply refer to the show's release date coming between HTTYD 2 and HTTYD 3 rather than anything to do with the actual timeline of the story.

Every official announcement thus far has rather unambiguously referred to a pre-HTTYD 2 setting to the point that I'm honestly a bit surprised that there's been so much confusion about it. Even in the article in question, all the storylines it refers to are clearly things that would have taken place before the events of HTTYD 2.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

BirdyTheBrave
11 Jan 2015, 15:00
I seem to be the only one even slightly happy about the series being set post-HTTYD2. I mean, ERET AND VALKA?.
Let's just say that half of that is exactly why I do not want it set after the second film, and leave it at that.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.