Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
DreamWorks Dragons Netflix?
Topic Started: 21 Jan 2015, 09:12 (3431 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I would space out the episodes for myself, but then I'd have to cut myself off entirely from social media just to avoid spoilers, and I don't think I can do that. :/
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

As someone who lives in a country where Netflix isn't a thing( :( ) I most likely won't marathon them(And even if we had Netflix, I can't watch 26 episodes of a show in one go. I just can't sit in front of my computer for that long), but I think an episode a day or 2 episodes a day will be my way of going at it.

I'm also betting on a March release, or maybe early April...

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

It would make sense. They also mentioned to keep tabs their twitter and facebook feeds for any info about it. As for the early April release date, eeek! I don't wanna wait that long; even though in retrospect its only a week and a half more or so, but ya... My personal guess is a mid-to-late March release date.

As for all the episodes being at once; there are pro's and con's.

Pro's
-We don't have to wait for episodes!
-We can rewatch them whenever we want, so long as we are paying for netflix
-We can watch them in any order we like
-We can pause, fast forward, rewind, etc
-For those willing to pay a couple extra bucks, you get it in HD and the whole family can enjoy it
-You can watch it on your computer, TV, blu ray player, gaming console, etc

Con's
-We don't have to wait for the episodes, and this may make it less fun for some
-We will probably watch all the episodes in a matter of one or two days and be done with it.
-For most self discipline will be especially hard
-The grapevine will likely have spoilery content
-Most likely poorer quality, same as Dawn of the Dragon Racers
-Who knows when these will be on DVD?!
-Netflix does not run in European countries, etc (only south america and north america i think)

But there is a consolation. There is a site that regularly updates with dragons epsiodes, which I would give out only for those who can't access netflix any other way. If you would like to know it, let me know, but otherwise I won't be giving it out.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

I'm just so glad to know that all episodes will be released at once. I'm one of those impatient binge-watchers.

Also, I really wish they'd release the series on Blu-Ray. The DVD version looks pretty terrible.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Y'know, I expect after the fandom hypes down, they will release "anniversary" editions. Maybe like disney does? Where they go back and enhance it and sell it for a limited time? Now I am not sure if this is a movie franchise thing, but there is a possibility after the hype from HTTYD 3 dies down they'll want to release a whole new batch of the series rendered better to simply get more money. Sooo... maybe? Maybe not?

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Mccallistair
21 Jan 2015, 04:02
You could always just discipline yourself to only watch an episode a week.
I'm a little worried that if I was to do that, one of the episodes might come down... :( Sorry, I don't know much about Netflix and I'm just really paranoid... :( I'd better just watch them all at once... :'( I just really don't want to miss any... :unsure:
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

nightfury123
21 Jan 2015, 21:21
I'm a little worried that if I was to do that, one of the episodes might come down...
You don't have to worry about that. Once it's on Netflix, it stays there, unless DreamWorks backs out of its deal, but that's not going to happen considering they're already set for the third and fourth seasons.

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

gmarvin112
21 Jan 2015, 23:12
nightfury123
21 Jan 2015, 21:21
I'm a little worried that if I was to do that, one of the episodes might come down...
You don't have to worry about that. Once it's on Netflix, it stays there, unless DreamWorks backs out of its deal, but that's not going to happen considering they're already set for the third and fourth seasons.
:D
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Agreed. Even if they were to take it down it would probably be several months later, if not more then six months to a year later. Dreamworks would want to keep it up there as long as possible to get more views; cause more views = more netflix subscribers = more money. I am sure they are getting a portion of the profits, so I can't understand why they'd take it down right away. They only really do that on youtube when people post episodes, since they aren't making money off of it; but for a place they are paying to host the episodes, I would say its a safe bet that they will be on there at least six months if not longer; a lot longer. So ya, plenty of time to watch them, rewatch them, etc.

Also when it comes closer to them being released I would HIGHLY advise avoiding the forum and main site until you are done watching them. I am counting on people to be chatting all about the episodes from Day 1, and even if it says spoiler in the title often the temptation to see what it says out weighs common sense. So if you want a spoiler free viewing, I would say avoid the forum and main site at least until you are done watching; but then do come back and chat away about it!

However if you feel confident enough not to click the spoilery content, then stay on all the time and chat as you go about episodes! Either way you feel comfortable.. For me though, I will be avoiding the forum and main site while I watch the episodes, since I am almost certain there will be spoilery content all over the place.

ArabianGoddes
ArabianGoddess

Holy crap, well, ah, I didn't expect this many replies when I got back from school. Thanks for all the information. :D