Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
DreamWorks Dragons Netflix?
Topic Started: 23 Jan 2015, 23:03 (3448 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

No problem dear!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Here's hoping that DW continues to add more seasons now that HTTYD3 has been pushed back a year.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Couldn't agree more. Otherwise I fear for the fandom.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

thenightandthefury
24 Jan 2015, 18:58
Couldn't agree more. Otherwise I fear for the fandom.
I know. I fear losing interest by 2018. And who knows how many more times it will be pushed back.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Actually DreamWorks has been making a more decent push to Netflix recently. A lot of their animated movie shorts are on netflix and some of the animated cartoon shows as well. Heck the HTTYD2 short was on Netflix about a month or two (I think) after it's initial release. Which was quite the improvement over the first movies shorts not being on there for quite sometime afterwards. Still haven't made the full push with movies and all only having The Croods and Turbo still, but maybe their seeing the possibility of netflix when it comes to releasing franchised content like the movie shorts and cartoons. Curious to see where they go with it and how they eventually end up doing the release of this show.

The only problem this has is for those who live in countries where netflix currently has no presence. (Also not much of a way to do the whole fan stream that we did for the first two seasons.) One other con I can think of is, I would feel sorry for Icelandiceel if they do release them in batches or the entire season. Since that would potentially be a nightmare to make any kind of post about each episode individually.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

While having all the episodes to watch at once is great, I'm more excited about it being a little more mature, since it isn't on a kids cartoon network.

While that probably won't happen, I still think the new season could take it a little further than the first two seasons could on cartoon network.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Shnuckles
27 Jan 2015, 07:37
While having all the episodes to watch at once is great, I'm more excited about it being a little more mature, since it isn't on a kids cartoon network.

While that probably won't happen, I still think the new season could take it a little further than the first two seasons could on cartoon network.
Interesting thought I wonder how far netflix might be willing to let them push. I'd assumed it would more or less be similar as to what they were and weren't able to touch on while on Cartoon Network. But maybe CN has more strict guidelines as to such than netflix may have. I guess it ultimately also depends on what DW allows them to cover as well. Because of this though we might get to see some more mature underlying themes take place nothing to drastic I'm sure nor anything that would be forefront still. Similar to how they ran the show on CN but more of that possibly.

(Which personally is something I toatlly think younger audiences can handle so can't wait to see it now.) ^_^
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Just going to miss the chats before and during the streams from last year.

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

There is a rumor circulating the internet that the next season is called Race to the Edge.
My dragon den:

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Neilandio
02 Feb 2015, 15:44
There is a rumor circulating the internet that the next season is called Race to the Edge.
That's not a rumor. That's the official title.

Here's the logo.