Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
What you didn't like in the series
Topic Started: 05 Feb 2015, 15:25 (2168 Views)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

So we have a Least Favorite Thing topic in the movie category but what about the series?

What didn't you like in Dreamworks Dragons?

Gustav. That kid was freaking annoying.

Heather. She really irked me for some reason.

Alvin being so easily trusted and forgiven at the very end. I find it too hard to believe that Alvin genuinely wanted to help Berk. He just joined forces with them to get back at Dagur. He is known as "The Treacherous" after all.

Not enough of the Skrill. That dragon was way too epic to only appear in a measly 2 episodes.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I don't remember being very fond of the first few episodes(Like the first 3-4). I guess it's because I was going in with the standerts of the movie and... well... it was wrong of me to set such a high standert for a TV show.

One thing that I can't stand however, or most likely one character I can't stand, is Mildew. I hate that old A**hole! Every time he showed up in an episode I just went "UGH!" I can't stand those people who think that just because something is old its better by default, and he is the ealking defenition of it. "Peace with dragons is new! Old way is better... BLAH BLAH BLAH, can this guy please get an heart attack?

And there is also that little thing that no one else but me is going to talk about in here but it annoyed me when the show started airing here, the local dubbing. I probably ranted about this earlier but it deserves a second mention. For some reason, somebody here thought to compeletly ignore the voice actors from the dubbing of the movie(With the exeption of Tuffnut, for some other unknown reason) and get new ones that don't fit the characters at all. Whenever the show is on here, I'll of course watch the original English dub(If it airs...) but bad casting/directing is bad casting/directing.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Why focus on all the bad things? Why not focus on the things you like?

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

Viking for Hire. I can not stand that episode. Just because Gobber does not have to make so many weapons does not mean he has to find a new job! Blacksmiths can do more than make weapons.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Cult of Mildew
Imus ubi nemo it, facimus id quod nemo facit.

hcsp1
05 Feb 2015, 19:47
One thing that I can't stand however, or most likely one character I can't stand, is Mildew. I hate that old A**hole! Every time he showed up in an episode I just went "UGH!" I can't stand those people who think that just because something is old its better by default, and he is the ealking defenition of it. "Peace with dragons is new! Old way is better... BLAH BLAH BLAH, can this guy please get an heart attack?
Ah, yes, Mildew versus Hiccup, a great allegory for tradition versus progress, don't you think?
Imus ubi nemo it, facimus id quod nemo facit.

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Astrid's cheesy remarks.
My dragon den:

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

The series kind of made me hate every single character. Also, way too much gross-out jokes.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

The Dragonflower episode really irks me. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a water dragon to have developed a feeding habit on a land-based flower, even in the context of the series. It would have made more sense to use the snaptrapper because of the flower motif. I know they had a snaptrapper model completed because it appears in the Book of Dragons short.

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

It made me dislike Fishlegs, a character that I had no negative feelings about in the film. The twins also failed to grow on me.

There were some specific episodes that I didn't like, such as How to Pick Your Dragon (which, ironically, is one of the more well-liked episodes). Other episodes were a mixed bag, like The Terrible Twos -- I loved the parts with Toothless, but I found Hiccup's attitude to be extremely irritating.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Yeah I found Hiccup's attitude rather annoying at times in the series too.