Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Netflix Question.
Topic Started: 10 Mar 2015, 11:30 (2201 Views)
nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Hey guys. :) Seeing as the new season of the series is supposed to be airing soon on Netflix, and I don't, and won't, have, or get, Netflix for the foreseeable future, I was hoping that one of you guys could send me a PM and keep me updated on the plots of the episodes as you watch them (as as far as I'm aware the episodes will be released all at once). ;)
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Mccallistair
Gronckle

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! The new season is airing? I knew the second film was becoming available but was unaware of the new season. Where did you hear this? Can you give me a source? I would have thought we'd heard something about this a few weeks prior to the season airing.

Can anyone else substantiate this?

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

The new season is about to air and there is nothing on that at both DreamWorks' Facebook and Twitter?

Are you sure? If so this is the softest release of anything in the wrold...

nightfury123

Mccallistair
10 Mar 2015, 17:28
Whoa whoa whoa whoa! The new season is airing? I knew the second film was becoming available but was unaware of the new season. Where did you hear this? Can you give me a source? I would have thought we'd heard something about this a few weeks prior to the season airing.

Can anyone else substantiate this?
Hmmm... Well I guess I might have got confused with the airing date of the second film... As an answer to both of your questions, I'll edit my post, and I'll certainly do some more research on as to where I might have (mis)heard this. ;) Sorry.
Edit: I haven't found anything, but I have edited my starting post of this topic.
hcsp1
10 Mar 2015, 17:32
The new season is about to air and there is nothing on that at both DreamWorks' Facebook and Twitter?

Are you sure? If so this is the softest release of anything in the wrold...

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

The new season is said to air sometime in spring 2015. Given that summer doesn't offically start until June 21 I have a feeling that it might air sometime in April or early to mid May. Again there has been nothing other than the name and spring 2015 on Netflix confirmed. I hope they let us know soon.

With that said when it is released I'd be happy to write up plot summaries as I watch them and send them to you. I also usually screen cap these things as I like to have a copy of them until the DVD is released so there is a possibility that I could send you them if you want.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

NightoftheFury
11 Mar 2015, 18:20
I also usually screen cap these things as I like to have a copy of them until the DVD is released so there is a possibility that I could send you them if you want.
That's something I'm personally a little curious about. I'm not to familiar with netflix and how they handle their original series or series they acquire exclusivity to, but do they allow DVD releases later on. I know the series for RoB and DoB did have them, and I'm sure that was possibly something that DreamWorks wanted more so than Cartoon Network when the show was airing on CN, but does netflix even allow that in deals with them. It would kind of make sense if they didn't and it also would make sense if they did allow it in certain instances as well, but I can't say I've ever seen it myself. So I'm curious if anyone else ever has, or would have any info on their policies surrounding it.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Demonwolf002
11 Mar 2015, 19:55
NightoftheFury
I also usually screen cap these things as I like to have a copy of them until the DVD is released so there is a possibility that I could send you them if you want.
That's something I'm personally a little curious about. I'm not to familiar with netflix and how they handle their original series or series they acquire exclusivity to, but do they allow DVD releases later on. I know the series for RoB and DoB did have them, and I'm sure that was possibly something that DreamWorks wanted more so than Cartoon Network when the show was airing on CN, but does netflix even allow that in deals with them. It would kind of make sense if they didn't and it also would make sense if they did allow it in certain instances as well, but I can't say I've ever seen it myself. So I'm curious if anyone else ever has, or would have any info on their policies surrounding it.
That is a good question. Netflix does seem to release there own content on DVD so I don't think it's out of the question. DreamWorks will probably also push for it because it is part of their dragons franchise. They released the first two on DVD so not releasing the third would be kind of a mistake. DW also said that due to the lacking profitability of their movies they hope to increase profits from their merchandise so I'm guessing that DVD sales would fall under merchandize.

nightfury123

NightoftheFury
The new season is said to air sometime in spring 2015. Given that summer doesn't offically start until June 21 I have a feeling that it might air sometime in April or early to mid May. Again there has been nothing other than the name and spring 2015 on Netflix confirmed. I hope they let us know soon.

With that said when it is released I'd be happy to write up plot summaries as I watch them and send them to you.
Sure! :) Thanks! ^_^

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm just hoping they release it one or two episodes at a time because Netflix has a tendency to just wait and drop an entire season all at once.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Does anyone know if it's going to be on the not-yet-released australian netflix?
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha