Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New info on series at wondercon!
Topic Started: 05 Apr 2015, 13:56 (5081 Views)
Neilandio
Dragon trainer

hcsp1
05 Apr 2015, 17:47
Looks pretty cool. I wonder how much bigger it is compared to some of the other dragons...
I don't expect it to be very small, I would say it's between a Nightmare and a Typhoomerang in size.
My dragon den:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

It's official. The title is indeed "Race to the Edge" and it takes place before HTTYD2.
Bring on a release date!

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

June 2015, two months to go!
My dragon den:

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2015/04/06/d ... d-details/

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Wasn't there something in the books called "Dragon Eye" in the books? I personally didn't read them outside of the first one, but I seem to recall hearing about something simillar is in there...

Anyway, the info sounds good. Once again, the wait for June begins!

Toothless123
Night Fury

hcsp1
07 Apr 2015, 04:27
Wasn't there something in the books called "Dragon Eye" in the books? I personally didn't read them outside of the first one, but I seem to recall hearing about something simillar is in there...

Anyway, the info sounds good. Once again, the wait for June begins!
I think it might actually be called the Dragon Jewel... Which means that the Dragon Eye could have the power to make the dragons extinct... :( I mean, it does look like a capsule thing which could contain some sort of fluid or something... :/
Article

How does the ‘Dragon Eye’ fit into the wider framework of the Dragons universe?
I think they might be referring to how it could be used in HTTYD 3 here... 'Cause I don't know what else they're going to do in terms of making something to cause the dragons' extinction... Then again, we weren't expecting any of the things in HTTYD 2 to happen that did, so what'll happen in HTTYD 3 will be unexpected too! :D

I know we didn't get much info on that article about the Deathsong, but I was looking on the HTTYD wiki last night and I found a page with more info about it. :)
[X] It sounds pretty cool and scary at the same time... :blink: As Tuffnut would say, "THIS IS AWESOME AND SCARY!"

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Honestly, I don't think the Dragon Eye will factor into the third film in any major way. That would make the series required viewing for anyone wanting to understand the third film, and I just can't see Dreamworks doing that. After all, the series didn't have any significant impact on the second film, so why change that now?

In addition, I can't see DeBlois wanting to be locked into a design for an important object or MacGuffin this early in HTTYD 3's production.

Most likely, this will just be, at most, a driving force behind the plot of Race to the Edge, with a tiny possibility of a passing mention in the third film.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Sorry if this has been talked about already but is Netflix gonna release all the episodes at once or just one at a time?

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Berserk Shieldmaiden
09 Apr 2015, 03:10
Sorry if this has been talked about already but is Netflix gonna release all the episodes at once or just one at a time?
:eret:

Netflix will probably release them all at once, like they do with their other shows. :)
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Thats good. I can binge watch that way.