Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New info on series at wondercon!
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2015, 16:46 (5084 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

MissunyNightFury
09 Apr 2015, 03:23
Berserk Shieldmaiden
09 Apr 2015, 03:10
Sorry if this has been talked about already but is Netflix gonna release all the episodes at once or just one at a time?
:eret:

Netflix will probably release them all at once, like they do with their other shows. :)
They're releasing the first thirteen episodes, and then the remaining 13 will be released later.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I hope we'll be able to see a video of the Wondercon panel soon. I searched Youtube and seemed to find a video for every panel but Dreamworks.

Rhonin
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Some info here.

At the panel, we learned that Dragons: Race to the Edge is set one year before the events of How to Train Your Dragon 2.

The first clips from the series teased the discovery of the Dragon Eye, a mysterious artifact that will unlock a whole new world for Hiccup and all the Dragon Riders and enable them to continue exploring, though they won’t know what it is at first. “In the good hands, it’s awesome. In the bad hands, it’s no good,” Art said.

“There’s a dragon [the Cavern Crasher] that comes out in the new season that…flattens its body really small like a certain lizard.”

“We try to take from the physiology of the animal kingdom that exists now and translate that into dragons. Because there’s so much amazing stuff animals can do, just animals that are in our ecosystem,” Doug said. Art added that this “allows the show to have that basis grounded in reality.”

Art talked about the Catastrophic Quake, which “rolls like a boulder, so you think it’s a boulder. But then it rolls back uphill, and then the thing just comes [at you].”

He also mentioned the Night Terrors, a flock of small dragons that come together to form the shapes of larger, more terrifying dragons to scare off predators.

Doug teased the appearance of another species, Fireworms, which will be migrating and landing on the Edge, causing the whole place to catch fire.

During the panel, we also learned about the beautiful Deathsong, a dragon that draws in other dragons with a siren-like song before encasing them in amber and saving them to snack on later.

He and Art also teased new voice actors who will contribute to Dragons: Race to the Edge, including Alfred Molina (Raiders of the Lost Arc, Spider-Man 2), who will “do a bad guy who’s really cool” and Adelaide Kane (Reign, Teen Wolf), who will be the head of a new tribe that will be “a friendly tribe to [the Dragon Riders], and they have their own worship of dragons.”

On the villain front, we can also expect to meet a nasty brother team–and, Art explained, “in a very subtle way, you start to see the tie to Drago [HTTYD2‘s villain]. You start to see the through-line of bad guys that they meet.” “Sort of going up the ladder,” Doug added.

Though we will see events that tie into How to Train Your Dragon 2, such as episodes in which Stoic the Vast and Gobber will get their dragons (Skullcrusher and Grump, respectively), “it’s almost like the kids are at college, in a weird sort of way,” said Doug. “So you won’t deal with Stoic and Gobber as much.”

“You really see the difference between the relationship with Hiccup and his dad developing from father/son, having to ask for permission, to being peers. And also because Stoic passes away in the sequel, all the stuff with Hiccup and him is that much more meaningful because you know what’s going to happen,”

“You saw even how funny and animated Toothless is–we took the lead from Dean [DeBlois, HTTYD2‘s director] with that opening scene where [Hiccup] is playing with Toothless, and we really just said, ‘let’s build that. Let’s build that relationship.’ Toothless is always the biggest, baddest dragon. But he’s really funny, and the other dragons, too. Hookfang, Fishlegs and Meatlug… Really to amp up those relationships [between dragons and Riders] is really cool.”

Dragons: Race to the Edge will consist of 52 episodes, with the first 13 hitting Netflix in June (and 13 more being released every 6 months or so thereafter).

Looking forward to the new dragons.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Really liking what I hear about the new season so far. All I have to say is bring it on!

Actually, one thing I don't like is the time gap between episodes. We are getting 13 at June, then we have to wait a few months for another 6, and then repeat... That's a bit dumb in my opinion(And the only thing I hate about Nick's TMNT) but I guess I'll live...

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

hcsp1
11 Apr 2015, 14:25
Really liking what I hear about the new season so far. All I have to say is bring it on!

Actually, one thing I don't like is the time gap between episodes. We are getting 13 at June, then we have to wait a few months for another 6, and then repeat... That's a bit dumb in my opinion(And the only thing I hate about Nick's TMNT) but I guess I'll live...
I think that meant that every 6 months they'll release another thirteen episodes, so spare the episodes u get unless you wanna wait six months with no dragons

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Shnuckles
11 Apr 2015, 16:39
hcsp1
11 Apr 2015, 14:25

I think that meant that every 6 months they'll release another thirteen episodes, so spare the episodes u get unless you wanna wait six months with no dragons
I'm sparing them anyway because I can't sit in front of my computer and watch 13 episodes of a show without a break. I think I might watch 2 a day, one in the morning and one before heading to sleep.

Mccallistair
Gronckle

But now the question is when they are going to release the old episodes on Netflix? Would like to watch them in decent quality for once.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Berserk Shieldmaiden
09 Apr 2015, 03:24
Thats good. I can binge watch that way.
That's what my parents do. ;)
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I wonder if some of the Outcasts will still be loyal to Dagur in Race to the Edge. That could be how he was able to escape prison.

However, would Alvin be able to jail Dagur and his whole armada on Outcast island? Perhaps they were imprisoned in a penal colony or something. They do mention slavelands in the books.

Just playing with random theories. ^_^

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

This may be completely silly... But what if the dragons eye like gave them the ability to understand dragons? Maybe not talk to them but like see into their mind... Or another theory is it allows them to sort of see like an xray vision of the dragons to see how their body works and their weaknesses. Ands maybe give them the ability to like control them somehow. And maybe it could be a small part in the film that hints to httyd 2 and 3... Just random theories I thought of....

Edit.. Reason I thought of these these is because it is called The Dragons Eye. Think about it... That could mean seeing through their eyes, or giving a new perspective. Being a role player 10 years I am used to names and phrases with double meaning.