Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New info on series at wondercon!
Topic Started: 12 Apr 2015, 01:35 (5082 Views)
NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Quote:

I think that meant that every 6 months they'll release another thirteen episodes, so spare the episodes u get unless you wanna wait six months with no dragons
That might not be physically possible -_- . New Dragons episodes...Can't fight it.

After reading what the new season will be like...

I'm ready ^_^
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightoftheFury

So if I understand this correctly, then June 2015 will be the first 13 episodes of Race to the Edge (RttE?)

So 52/13 = 4 and these will be in 6 month increments no?

That means season three will conclude in June 2017, leaving 1 year for DW to tease us with clips and trailers before June 2018.

Sound like a good plan to me ^_^

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I wish we knew when in June. Hopefully not an end of the month release as I'll be in Louisiana during that time and probably wont have access to my Netflix.

In a way this reminds me of last year at this time. We were all beginning to get so psyched for HTTYD2.

Lot to look forward to this year for me. Avengers 2, Dragons, vacation. ^_^

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I went to the Wondercon panel!!!!

Late posting because I had to drive about eight hundred miles and take care of a few things, but finally I can report!

I sat by a couple of Dreamworks employees. They are my heroes because:

1. I was exhausted and overloaded (for those of you just joining us, I'm an old autistic lady. Happy Autism Awareness month, by the way) and when I'm exhausted and overloaded I tend to get a bit random, then I start getting strange looks. But these new heroes of mine just took it in stride. Perhaps they are aware of how many autistic fans they have.

2. Man, do they love Berk's Grapevine. I'm serious. They mentioned it by name, and when I complimented them on how well they treat the fans of the series, how closely they listen to us, they thanked me profusely for noticing.

More later. This is going to come out disorganized; please excuse the mess.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

You're really close, Night.

thenightandthefury
12 Apr 2015, 05:33
This may be completely silly... But what if the dragons eye like gave them the ability to understand dragons? Maybe not talk to them but like see into their mind... Or another theory is it allows them to sort of see like an xray vision of the dragons to see how their body works and their weaknesses. Ands maybe give them the ability to like control them somehow. And maybe it could be a small part in the film that hints to httyd 2 and 3... Just random theories I thought of....

Edit.. Reason I thought of these these is because it is called The Dragons Eye. Think about it... That could mean seeing through their eyes, or giving a new perspective. Being a role player 10 years I am used to names and phrases with double meaning.
Here's why I think so:
They showed a scene with Toothless and Hiccup going down into the hold of a ship. Toothless finds that scope. It's supposed to be the key to a new land.

They also showed a scene with that snow dragon, and they had one shot from the dragon's POV. And guess what? Remember last year when we were saying we wished we could see a dragon which possessed ultraviolet vision, like reindeer have, and like some insects also have? We get our wish! This dragon sees in ultraviolet.

Pattern Recognition Engine (my brain) bets that the scope bends light to the point where Hiccup (and the dragon trapper captain can use it to see in the ultraviolet spectrum. The way they portrayed it was really cool; wait till you see it. Oh and the dragon could spot Snotlout hiding in an ice bank, heh heh.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

MartianArchaeologist
13 Apr 2015, 03:25
I went to the Wondercon panel!!!!

Late posting because I had to drive about eight hundred miles and take care of a few things, but finally I can report!

I sat by a couple of Dreamworks employees. They are my heroes because:

1. I was exhausted and overloaded (for those of you just joining us, I'm an old autistic lady. Happy Autism Awareness month, by the way) and when I'm exhausted and overloaded I tend to get a bit random, then I start getting strange looks. But these new heroes of mine just took it in stride. Perhaps they are aware of how many autistic fans they have.

2. Man, do they love Berk's Grapevine. I'm serious. They mentioned it by name, and when I complimented them on how well they treat the fans of the series, how closely they listen to us, they thanked me profusely for noticing.

More later. This is going to come out disorganized; please excuse the mess.
Ooooh, do share some info with us.

NightoftheFury

MartianArchaeologist

Man, do they love Berk's Grapevine. I'm serious. They mentioned it by name, and when I complimented them on how well they treat the fans of the series, how closely they listen to us, they thanked me profusely for noticing.
:D Great to hear that they know and enjoy this place as much as we do!
You know how we have some of those users who sign up but never post anything? :huh: Just thinking...

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

At the panel:

Photo op for the costumed fans:

The series directors

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:

One of the new things I'm really looking forward to see in the new series is Berk and how it changes to a dragon-friendly utopia. I'm looking through my art book right now about the 2nd movie and I'm just at awe of the architecture and the designs of new Berk.

I'm so excited to see it!
(So much so that I'm started to draw Dragons again :D )
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."