Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dreamworks Dragons
Topic Started: 12 Apr 2015, 08:15 (2139 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS, DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER TITLES. IT CONTAINS LEAKED INFO FROM WONDERCON FOUND IN TUMBLR BLOGS.

This thread is dedicated to theories you have either heard of, thought of, or other things you have seen or heard that is related to season 3 or 4 of Dreamworks Dragons.

One I would like to bring up is depicting the title "Dragons Eye."

I believe that the name has a double meaning. After all they wouldn't put "eye" in the name for no reason. It has to have some double meaning, which we will find out in the series I suppose. My opinions on this are as follows...

-That it lets you see through a dragons eye (from a dragons perspective)
-That it is like a telescope (though upon viewing the image this is less likely)
-That it lets you see x-ray vision of dragons or similar (again less likely)
-That it plays a song to soothe dragons or enrage them
-That inside a locked case are written notes about dragons

The reason for the song theory is that upon closer inspection, it seems to have many puzzle pieces and keys on the side.

These are my own theories about the dragons eye. One other I have heard on the grapevine is that it is like something in the book that allows you to...
Spoiler: click to toggle
Other then that, discussions could be...

Heather returning; Would you like to see her return? If so, would you like her to be a friend or enemy? Would you rather see her rival for Hiccups attention or be left out of the picture?

Next; I have seen some complain about Hiccups leg not being updated all this time. Really in my opinion this is simply so that fans can see how the new leg was invented. And honestly I think he had to update it at some point to a larger size, as I am pretty sure the smaller one wouldn't fit any more. Maybe just the same model?

Next; Dagur returning.. Introducing...
Also hiccstrid.. We will be seeing..
Also this series will focus less on...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

thenightandthefury
12 Apr 2015, 12:15
-That inside a locked case are written notes about dragons
Hmmm... that could be interesting. It could be a reference to the books in the sense that the "treasure" on the Isle of the Skullions wasn't the real treasure, it was just a decoy; a trap- because the notes that Hiccup found on Night Furies were a trap- and that the real treasure was in an underwater cavern. Maybe they could take the potential reference a step further by having the gang go underwater to find the Dragon Eye? Maybe Thornado could make an appearance to help them? I'd like that. He is a Tidal Class dragon, after all.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Would it be sad to say I like skullcrusher better then thornado?

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

This is worth checking out...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Eye_(symbol)

Toothless123
Night Fury

thenightandthefury
12 Apr 2015, 12:59
Whoa... That's awesome! "a choice between good and evil"... Might be early spoilers for what could happen in HTTYD 3...

For example:

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

thenightandthefury
12 Apr 2015, 12:15

Next; Dagur returning.. Introducing...
[/spoiler]
I hope Dagur has some facial hair this season seeing how he would be an adult now.

I came up with a theory that he escaped imprisonment(with the help of Savage or other Outcasts still loyal to him) years earlier and exiled himself far away from the archipelago in order to prepare himself for revenge against Berk.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Currently I'm still of the opinion that Dragons eye is more about a telescope or some other sight improvement thing. We know Hiccup is an inventor, and in the second movie we've seen that Toothless has been a huge inspiration for a lot of that. I also think it's safe to assume that the vikings know dragons can more than likely see better than them. So it would make sense for Hiccup to try and create something to allow him to see the same as if not similar to what Toothless can see. Considering many of his other inventions have been for similar purposes.
If not that though, I would assume since on many other occasions when a dragons eye is referred to in a lot of different stories it's usually a gem. Possibly one of the new dragons is very protective and needs said gemstone to survive. How they may exactly try to do that though I'm not to sure.

These would be my two best guesses as to this episode and what it's about. None of the other ones seem to make as much sense to me personally. Especially the one about the dragons jewel from the book. That is way to important of an item for what it can do. So it's doubtful DreamWorks would even allow them to just put it in the series and not in the movie. It would be nice and a cool nod to the books, but I think there are other things and better ways to do so then use the most important item from the books. Like for example I'd read a few people were talking about them introducing another tribe with a female leader maybe. Much better nod that doesn't require the movie to explain anything after the fact.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Cult of Mildew
Imus ubi nemo it, facimus id quod nemo facit.

Looks more like the Dragon Scroll.
Imus ubi nemo it, facimus id quod nemo facit.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Hiccup found the Dragon's Eye in the hold of a dragon trapper ship.
At the WonderCon panel they said (if I recall correctly) that it was the key to unlocking a new area. This looks like it will be a several-episode story arc.
I think it lets you see into the UV spectrum.

In the WonderCon presentation, there was one shot of a mysterious cloaked girl riding a dragon. My guess is: Heather Returns.

Also, :tuffnut: falls in love with a chicken. Or has a pet chicken that is lost and he cries with joy when it is found.

One cool HiccStrid shot on a moonlit beach--them sitting together and watching the waves.

Wikipedia Dragon's Eye: Cool!! Much thanks for bringing that up.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

MartianArchaeologist
14 Apr 2015, 05:48

In the WonderCon presentation, there was one shot of a mysterious cloaked girl riding a dragon. My guess is: Heather Returns.

Also, :tuffnut: falls in love with a chicken. Or has a pet chicken that is lost and he cries with joy when it is found.
Heather did see dragon training first hand and was able to handle and fly on Stormfly. Maybe she trained a dragon of her own.

A chicken huh. I guess Tuff's brief and intense affair with Macey didn't work out.