Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dreamworks Dragons
Topic Started: 14 Apr 2015, 15:19 (2105 Views)
Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

MartianArchaeologist
14 Apr 2015, 05:48
Hiccup found the Dragon's Eye in the hold of a dragon trapper ship.
At the WonderCon panel they said (if I recall correctly) that it was the key to unlocking a new area. This looks like it will be a several-episode story arc.
I think it lets you see into the UV spectrum.
Yea the more I've read up on it and after having seen the trailer the more I understand how off I was. (Teach me from making assumptions based on very little info :P )

It does interest me more though now then what it did before. Considering in the trailer it seems to be showing a possible map(?) or other info on dragons maybe.(?)I do have one thing to question about the dragons eye though. If it was found by the gang then how was the original creator able to actually see the info within it. I mean as you said it seems you need UV light to be able to see it Toothless can do that easy enough, but other than that it wouldn't be an easy thing to do considering the time period the franchise is based in. I understand the sun can work for that purpose but if I'm not mistaken it wouldn't be enough would it?

Now don't misunderstand me I'm not bringing this up to point out a logic gap or fault with the show. Actually I'm bringing it up because the group that had it before the gang found it, and indeed the original creator of the device had to have a way of reading it right. The only current easy source of UV producing light that we know of at least is the Night Furies. Now I'm not someone who is going to bend over backwards to figure out how to add more Night Furies to the mix. If Toothless is one of a kind then I'm fine with that either way it goes I don't care. But unless I'm missing something there is something being implied here right?
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Perhaps. It's probably too soon to see another night fury. What if the snow wraith had UV like firepower though? (As I have heard sand wraiths looked similar to a night fury) Or if not the snow wraith but some other mysterious dragon that had similar firepower? Otherwise, it'd look like you are implying the enemy has a night fury. Which... Drago's cloak DID seem to be made of night fury skin.. So.. It could be possible.

Also, for the sake of accuracy.. A night fury wasn't found yet in the second movie. But that doesn't mean that the enemy could secretly have a night fury, to be introduced in the 4th season after the release of HTTYD 3. If they were to do it that way, I would be much more pleased, for I am not really all that hyped for seeing in between the first and second movie then just jumping right into the third. Plus that might give fans a look at the build up to the third movie after its released. Just saying.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

thenightandthefury
15 Apr 2015, 00:42
Perhaps. It's probably too soon to see another night fury. What if the snow wraith had UV like firepower though? (As I have heard sand wraiths looked similar to a night fury) Or if not the snow wraith but some other mysterious dragon that had similar firepower? Otherwise, it'd look like you are implying the enemy has a night fury. Which... Drago's cloak DID seem to be made of night fury skin.. So.. It could be possible.

Also, for the sake of accuracy.. A night fury wasn't found yet in the second movie. But that doesn't mean that the enemy could secretly have a night fury, to be introduced in the 4th season after the release of HTTYD 3. If they were to do it that way, I would be much more pleased, for I am not really all that hyped for seeing in between the first and second movie then just jumping right into the third. Plus that might give fans a look at the build up to the third movie after its released. Just saying.
Keep in mind this could be me hugely over analyzing it, but it is speculation on our part so why not you know. :P

On the idea we wold see another Night Fury in the series I would highly doubt it. It seems like something that is big enough that they would rather have it in the movie not the series. So it seems more reasonable that there would be another dragon(that isn't a Night Fury) that can activate(?) the dragons eye. But yes I was implying someone has another Night Fury not necessarily the enemy, but as I said unless I've missed something (or am reading to heavily into it which I probably am) I feel there is an implication there for something. Personally I don't think we'll ever see more than hints and vague mentions of more of them though, and as I said I'm fine if we never do. Honestly I'd like it better if we didn't but through out they keep giving hints or vague mentions like this and the other times they've done stuff like this, because it leaves more up to the imagination and is just more fun(IMO). But if they did introduce more Night Furies. Then yea I would agree that introducing them during the third movie and then possibly elaborating in another season of the series would be best.

I'll have to disagree with you on Drago's cloak though. The scale type and texture of the cloak just didn't seem to match up with Nightfurry scales. Granted we only have Toothless to go on and he is young so looks and scale texture could change with age, but I doubt that would be the case here.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Yes I would agree we will likely see them in the third movie. As for the cape.. I still think it is a night fury skin. We don't know how a dead night furies skin would look like but there are no other solidly black dragons yet discovered. Also the cloak is more detailed but ya. I think its a night fury skin but we won't know till the third movie. Also this skin would be from before Hiccup was born most likely.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Berserk Shieldmaiden
14 Apr 2015, 11:13
A chicken huh. I guess Tuff's brief and intense affair with Macey didn't work out.
That's a shame! It looked like such a lasting relationship! :P

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

There's supposed to be a mysterious hooded dragon rider in RTTE. Any theories on this?

I wonder if this could be Valka. Maybe she happens to see Hiccup and Toothless (without knowing who Hiccup really is) during their travels and decides to secretly follow him around and spy on him. Perhaps she doesn't want to confront him until she knows what his intentions with dragons are.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Berserk Shieldmaiden
16 Apr 2015, 04:24
There's supposed to be a mysterious hooded dragon rider in RTTE. Any theories on this?

I wonder if this could be Valka. Maybe she happens to see Hiccup and Toothless (without knowing who Hiccup really is) during their travels and decides to secretly follow him around and spy on him. Perhaps she doesn't want to confront him until she knows what his intentions with dragons are.
First of all, please no. Not only would it be the most forced appearance in a prequel (of sorts) since half a dozen characters in The Hobbit, it would just drag the whole thing down. I for one am looking forward to new material that doesn't involve the worst character in the franchise.

Second, it just wouldn't make sense. If Valka had been spying on Hiccup and Toothless for any length of time, she would know two things. One, Hiccup is friendly to dragons (because let's face it, subtlety in these things is not Hiccup's strong suit). Two, that Toothless kind of needs someone riding him in order to stay in the air. These two points combined mean that kidnapping Hiccup by yanking him off Toothless would have been more nonsensical than it already was, something that I didn't think was possible until I read your post.

Third, if it was Valka, they would have said it was Valka. Her being in the series would be a selling point, since, for reasons I cannot fathom, people seem to like her.

As for who this rider is, if we assume it's not a new character, then Heather would at least be a logical choice, albeit not one I have any great desire to see return.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.