Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Race to the Edge Trailer!
Topic Started: 13 Apr 2015, 12:35 (1372 Views)
hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRjTzKZ_uA

I like the new dragons, I like the fact Toothless's plasma blast can act as a projector and I like the fact all the episodes will be out on the same day... which is June 26

Dragons, yeah!!!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I'll have to cram as many episodes as possible in on the 26th because I leave for Louisiana for a week the next day.

Looks like about a 6 hour marathon for me.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I can't wait! :P :D ^_^ :)

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

read if you saw it
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Well, the CGI's taken a step up, by the looks of it. That's definitely a plus.

The Dragon's Eye appears to serve the basic plot function of directing the characters from one episode's plot to another. So, for example, the Eye shows them something, with a solid hint as to where it is, so they go to place x, plot happens, then the Eye shows them something else. I wouldn't say that "this changes everything", but it's a solid enough plot mechanic. Oddly, the current season of My Little Pony has an object with a similar purpose. It's an odd coincidence that both the cartoon series I currently follow have similar plot devices.

Otherwise, there's really not enough for me to form any solid theories.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I concur that the animation seems to have improved a bit.

Even though the teases we've been given so far aren't all that much, I'm already wondering how the plot surrounding the Dragon Eye will be resolved within the already established universe. All the press material is really hyping it up as some ultra-significant thing, yet it wasn't even mentioned in passing a mere year later in HTTYD 2. I'll be interested to see how that works.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Cartoon Freak
13 Apr 2015, 23:27
Well, the CGI's taken a step up, by the looks of it. That's definitely a plus.

The Dragon's Eye appears to serve the basic plot function of directing the characters from one episode's plot to another. So, for example, the Eye shows them something, with a solid hint as to where it is, so they go to place x, plot happens, then the Eye shows them something else. I wouldn't say that "this changes everything", but it's a solid enough plot mechanic. Oddly, the current season of My Little Pony has an object with a similar purpose. It's an odd coincidence that both the cartoon series I currently follow have similar plot devices.

Otherwise, there's really not enough for me to form any solid theories.
So it's called Dragon Eye, interesting 8)

Hmm.... The Cutie Map..... Dragon Eye....... How about some crossover ;)

And also, Berk is looking..... different? I remember that Berk has those 2 giant statue, but I didn't see it in the trailer. And an island that looks like flipped D that shown at both movie intro.

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Awesome seems like there's been a definite quality improvement all around from CGI to plot and story. Can't wait to check it out and see what all this is about concerning the dragon eye. ^_^

KentuckyWildcat
14 Apr 2015, 01:46
I concur that the animation seems to have improved a bit.

Even though the teases we've been given so far aren't all that much, I'm already wondering how the plot surrounding the Dragon Eye will be resolved within the already established universe. All the press material is really hyping it up as some ultra-significant thing, yet it wasn't even mentioned in passing a mere year later in HTTYD 2. I'll be interested to see how that works.
It's an interesting idea, the easiest way/ways would be for it to be lost or destroyed. Doesn't mean that's what they'll do but it's what would come to mind first. I'm also a little curious as to if having the second movie be out already and covering the year leading up to it. Gives them more freedom on what they're able to do. Considering we knew the first two seasons were somewhat/very hamstrung on what they were and weren't able to show since the second movie hadn't been released by then.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

81 Days till Race to the Edge. No biggie!