Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
All Episodes at Once!
Topic Started: 16 Apr 2015, 01:42 (1928 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Just got off the phone with Netflix specifically asking them if they were releasing the whole season for Race to the Edge. They said that many shows spaced out episodes on Netflix but this is not the case with race to the edge. She confirmed the season would be available all at once. She also said that them releasing 13 episodes at a time was just a rumor.

So dragon fans... Prepare to binge watch!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I can't marathon a season to save my life. I'll most likely space it out anyway...

Which means I'm not coming here for 13 days(I'll probably watch 2 episodes per day) because spoilers...

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

The day before I saw httyd 2, I watched the first film, all the short films and the 2 seasons of the tv series

So I think I can handle that just fine ;)
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I think it is a shame actually.

I really liked the weekly episodes, it gave me something to look forward to that week.

I also loved the lead up to the next episode on the grapevine, all the theories and discussions and whatever. I feel like some of that will be lost now.

Having said that, when it comes to the time, I will definitely enjoy not having to wait a week for the next episode!

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

hictooth
16 Apr 2015, 11:40
I think it is a shame actually.

I really liked the weekly episodes, it gave me something to look forward to that week.

I also loved the lead up to the next episode on the grapevine, all the theories and discussions and whatever. I feel like some of that will be lost now.

Having said that, when it comes to the time, I will definitely enjoy not having to wait a week for the next episode!

hictooth
The cool thing about now having forums though is that you can still technically have that. There will definitely be less theory crafting, and it will be more post hand discussion but that can still be fun and interesting as well. This is only the case though if all the episodes for the whole season are going to be released at once. Cause if the rumor isn't wrong and we get the season released in bulks of episodes instead of all at once then theory crafting can still happen between the bulks.

Personally though I doubt that the "whole season will be released all at once" is going to be the case. It would make more sense to give bulk releases of episodes (like 13 at once) then to release a whole season at once. That way you can insure the franchise is still on peoples minds to some degree. If the whole 13 episode thing was just a rumor then I could definitely be wrong, and either way they do it I'm fine with it it's just I doubt they would do it any other way.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Demonwolf002

It would make more sense to give bulk releases of episodes (like 13 at once) then to release a whole season at once. That way you can insure the franchise is still on peoples minds to some degree.
I agree with this! The way I worked it out would have been pretty good for the franchise:

52 Episodes. 13 episodes per release. One release every 6 months. That equates to the season concluding June 2017.

That would leave DW one year to stoke the flames with clips and trailers for Dragons3. If they bulk released 52 episodes this June then there would be no dragons until 2018... 3 Years :O :( .

You need to spread it out over time otherwise you risk the fandom's pilot light going out. :unsure:

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Demonwolf002

Personally though I doubt that the "whole season will be released all at once" is going to be the case.
This is also valid. Just take a look at the number of episodes. Why the heck are there 52?
13 divides evenly into 52 so there might be something to that... ^)

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

OK... Then why does trailer say "All episodes June 26th"?? Call Netflix yourself if you don't believe me.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

It could simply refer to all episodes in that (for want of a better term) production block. I'm not sure if Race to the Edge is being pitched as one season or multiple seasons, so that would affect things as well.

Edit: Oh hey, my new avatar works. For some reason, it wasn't showing up properly in my profile before.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Race to the Edge will be 26 episodes. The next season(If you guys don't remember, it was confirmed we are getting two seasons after the second movie) will probably contain another 26 episodes, bringing the counter up to 52.

The 4th season will most likely have a different title, like every season in the show so far...