Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The return of Heather
Topic Started: 21 Apr 2015, 23:29 (3227 Views)
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Berserk Shieldmaiden
22 Apr 2015, 01:31
Of course Heather will be suspicious of him since she knows that game all too well.
Let's hope so. Your theory sounds very probable, too. It would be a great character-developing moment for her.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Heather is obviously handy leverage for Dagur to use against Hiccup in various ways, though he doesn't seem stable enough to actually manage to manipulate her. I would assume she'll just be a hostage who's easier to kidnap by virtue of not being surrounded by anywhere from half a dozen to hundreds of dragons.

Beyond that, I don't particularly care that Heather's back. She always struck me as more of a fancharacter that somehow found her way into the show than an actual integral part of the story. She's perfectly fine as those characters go, and thus I'm not upset that she's back; I'm just not excited to see her again.

But hey, I'll gladly deal with Heather if that's the price we have to pay to have the show set before HTTYD 2.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

In regards to Heathers return, I am happy to see her return. As much as I love Hiccstrid, I would really like the whole storyline to be developed more. In the two episodes we saw Heather in, we saw her not only manipulate Hiccup but also develop feelings for him, by the looks of it and perhaps more obviously Hiccup developed a crush on her as well. This, in part, blinded him to her motivations. Now you can say it was much more manipulation on Heathers part then actual feelings, but this is where I would like to see it get developed; she obviously formed some sort of bond with him, and him with her. I would love to see that explored more and to see Astrid fighting for her man. We know Astrid will ultimately win his heart, but how this happens and what happens in between is what makes it worth watching.

As far as whether Heather will be a villain or ally, I tend to side with the fact that she will be more of a villain at first. Perhaps her ways became dark, after all she is most likely the hooded woman shown in the previews, and doesn't that just scream villain? I am betting she will come to side with Hiccup, most likely betrayed by someone she worked for or something. Perhaps she must continue to work for them out of fear they will do something to her or her family. Or maybe she has fully accepted the life of a villain, using her manipulative skills to be a spy for them. That would be perfect, really, as she has already gained their trust yet still has connections with the enemies.

Time will tell, I suppose.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I found an interview with the writers and directors on you tube where they take about the new series coming out. Race to the edge. They also talked about heather,and she will have her own dragon.
They also talked about when jay was asked if he would give up the character of hiccup. And he said he would never give up hiccip. He pretty much sees himself as hiccup.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
21 Apr 2015, 04:36
School of Dragons is gonna have to update her look now! :P
Anybody have any ideas what dragon she might end up with? I'm gonna bet it's a Nadder!
I'm pretty sure it was in the interview or I heard it somewhere, but I believe Heather is going to have a new dragon species called a Snow Wraith

I think it was that white dragon that you can see flying when Hiccup looks through the dragons eye in the trailer
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Night fury fire
08 May 2015, 22:01
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
21 Apr 2015, 04:36
School of Dragons is gonna have to update her look now! :P
Anybody have any ideas what dragon she might end up with? I'm gonna bet it's a Nadder!
I'm pretty sure it was in the interview or I heard it somewhere, but I believe Heather is going to have a new dragon species called a Snow Wraith

I think it was that white dragon that you can see flying when Hiccup looks through the dragons eye in the trailer
I think they said her dragon was shown in the Wondercon panel, so it could be any dragon from there really.

My dragon den:

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Ooooooh here's a theory. It's said there's supposed to be a storyline involving Heather and Dagur.

What if Dagur was the one who captured Heather's parents in Riders of Berk? Maybe he sold them to Alvin.

StaticTheSkrill
The Skrill of all Skrills...

Her dragon is not a Snow Wraith. I just put Snow Wraith news into a post about Heather :P

Anyhow... If you hear closely in the panel, Douglas says her dragon's name is 'Windshear'

Timberjack maybe? Probably a new type of dragon :D
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Inkrypt
Dragon Egg

Guys! Just saw this on Tumblr!

"I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of."
"You could't kill me if you tried for a hundred years."

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Inkrypt
01 Jun 2015, 16:09
Guys! Just saw this on Tumblr!

She's GORGEOUS! I'd nominate her for Dragon's Edge's Top Model! :)
But somebody was taking pictures when they shouldn't be *wags finger* xD