Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The teens living on their own
Topic Started: 22 May 2015, 18:44 (1251 Views)
hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Well, it\'s just been confirmed in the interview that Hiccup and the rest of the gang will be living on their own on an island for Race to the Edge. This means that they will have to rely on themselves to solve problems, rather than just referring to Stoick or Gobber.

I think it\'s an interesting move, and I\'m looking forward to see Hiccup hopefully taking more of a leaders/chief role in this new series. I\'m also looking forward to seeing how the twins behave when there is no adult supervision.

What do you think about this?
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Let's be honest did they really refer to Gobber or Stoick that much. :P
But I'm interested I think it's going to be really cool to get away from the village see more of the world and have them solely rely on themselves. It should also be really interesting to see how they use that for character growth and to form different relationships and dynamics within the teens and the dragons.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I have a feeling that Stoick played a role in having the teens go out on their own for extended periods of time to assure himself that Hiccup will make a great chief. Stoick sounded quite confident in his decision in HtTYD2, making me think he's evaluated Hiccup's leadership qualities out in the field.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

This could potentially work really well, or really, really badly. I will definitely need to watch some of it before I can make any sort of judgement.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hmmmm... Lord of the Flies much? :P

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Toothless123

Don't say that!
Lord of the Flies spoiler
Quote:

Let's be honest did they really refer to Gobber or Stoick that much.
Well, not that much, but they were always around to mess things up try to sort things out. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

And we'll still see Stoick and Gobber. After all, they still have to get their dragons!

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

It's an interesting choice. Seeing how this takes place a year before HTTYD 2, the gang are around 18-19 years old. If the rest of the world is like here, then around this age it's very common for a kid to leave his parents' house and start living on his/her own(I'm not saying that's true for everyone but it's not un-heard of). So letting them live on their own is also a logical step considering their age.

I have a feeling that this is probably a test Stoick puts for Hiccup in order to see if he could be cheif. But hey, who knows?

Toothless123
Night Fury

hictooth
23 May 2015, 08:11
Toothless123

Don't say that!
Lord of the Flies spoiler
Ah... I didn't think of that. :( Gosh, though,
Spoiler: click to toggle
in the book was violent though. Mostly because some very disturbing language was used. :blink:
I think
Spoiler: click to toggle
in the film was kind of worse though... :blink:

nissi4eva
Baby terror

Oh well. All I can say is hope for the best!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP CALM AND CUDDLE THAT NIGHT FURY!

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Hard to comment much on this without more knowledge. On one level, I understand the desire to get the gang away from Stoick and Gobber, forcing them to rely only on themselves. How are they going to set that up within the narrative though? It seems to me like it could easily feel forced. Whether this is good or bad will all depend on execution, which we won't know about until the show actually airs.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.