Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Skrill should be faster than a nightfury
Topic Started: 27 May 2015, 11:39 (5632 Views)
dragonfan786123
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

(SORRY If this is the wrong place i could find a place right for it)
This is a suggestion for the franchise
Just as the title says and here are the reasons why yes the nightfury is much faster than the skrill in normal flight but seriously I think they should make the skrill faster on lightning here is the reasons why, firstly this is a dragon of the same class and can go head to head with a night fury yet non of its stats are higher than a nightfury where as a monstrous nightmare for example has higher shots gronckle has higher armour yet they cant go head to head it would be the only stat the skrill has which is better than a night fury at least do that to make the skrill a little better and look at these pics

here it says it rides lightning bolts for godness sake and still somehow the nightfury is faster come on really.
you see the skrill looks much more aerodynamic than the night fury in its dive bomb it looks like a missile at least make it its faster than a night fury but cant turn in this state it has to be a straight
the skrill stats should be 11/ unknown (on lightning) since vikings would not be able to see the speed it travels
please do this it would be the only stat the skrill would have better than a nightfury
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
I totally agree with you to every last point

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18

Toothless123
Night Fury

Um, not to be rude, but why are you posting this? :) :/ Why are you asking us to change the Skrill's stats? We can't change them. The best thing you can do is email DreamWorks or something. ;)

And Night Furies are presented in the movies and their stats as pretty much the BEST and the fastest dragon, so I think it would kind of suggest that the Skrill is better than the Night Fury if it was to be made faster.

Skrills are still awesome, though! :D

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

I don't put too much faith in the stats provided, for three reasons:

1. It doesn't take into account variation between members of the same species. For example, there are many humans who are stronger than I am, and thus it would be fair to assume that some Skrills are faster than others.

2. It doesn't take into account special abilities. For example, Skrills shoot lightning, which gives them an obvious advantage over the only Night Fury in the franchise, who's generally carrying a lot of metal.

3. Out of universe, I doubt the writers give a damn about them. In universe, they'd be devised by Vikings, who lack the equipment to measure most of these things with much accuracy.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Pikey
Wow!

Let's also not forget Toothless' shot limit on his stat card, which has clearly been broken 5 million and a half times.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Pikey
28 May 2015, 03:22
Let's also not forget Toothless' shot limit on his stat card, which has clearly been broken 5 million and a half times.
Spoiler: click to toggle

As for the Skrill being faster I would agree with Cartoon Freak. It's just not something that seems like it had a ton of thought put into. So I wouldn't worry about the stats themselves to much nor should you take them as fact considering the above ;) .

On another note though, I would like to see the whole riding lightning ability. Since it's been hinted we might see more of the Skrill in the next season of the show. It would be nice to see this ability come into play. Mostly from a sheer I would like to see this animated at least once way.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

I agree I want to see the riding lightning to and logically the skril should be faster and probably is faster logically, Nightfuries/ toothless is so op thats what i hate about them there is no fun in watching something that is so overpowered it takes the joy and tension out of watching it
Oh and anyone see the new clip its epic boneknapper skulls, dragon eye and dagur (we dont actually see dagur) I cant wait

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18

Toothless123
Night Fury

Zero the ruthless
01 Jun 2015, 17:41
I agree I want to see the riding lightning to and logically the skril should be faster and probably is faster logically, Nightfuries/ toothless is so op thats what i hate about them there is no fun in watching something that is so overpowered it takes the joy and tension out of watching it
Night Furies are MEANT to be overpowered. They can't exactly change the entire canon of HTTYD to have Hiccup have a Skrill as his dragon, can they?

And you hate Night Furies?! :O :huh:

Captain Simian
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Just because ones stats are better than the other, doesn't mean one can't go head to head with the other. Think about it like race cars. One race car might have better engine, tires, handling, horsepower, etc. but it's only as good as its driver. If the driver doesn't know how to harness the power, he can lose to someone with a much lower quality vehicle.

The way I see the stats are as optimal performance for that dragon. Just because a certain class has a certain speed, for example, it doesn't mean that all dragons of that class can automatically go that fast, let alone all the time.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Zero the ruthless
01 Jun 2015, 17:41
I'll grant you that Night Furies in general would probably be overpowered. It is difficult to be certain, however, because Toothless is the only Night Fury we see, and he has a glaring weakness: the prosthetic. Wreck that, or separate him from Hiccup, and he's at a huge disadvantage against most dragons, and even against a sufficiently badass human (or a sufficiently large number of regular humans). A character with that big a weakness can hardly be considered overpowered.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.