Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Which new dragon from RttE is your favorite?
Catastrophic Quaken 1 (3%)
Death Song 10 (33%)
Snow Wraith 6 (20%)
Razorwhip 13 (43%)

Which new dragon from RttE is your favorite?
Topic Started: 22 Jul 2015, 23:56 (3207 Views)
Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

RiderofBerk
22 Jul 2015, 18:44
The Red Death and the Bewilderbeast use mind control and focus on sight so I don't think the loss of hearing would have much of an effect on this.
Slightly off topic here, but I still don't believe this is "mind control" in the sense everyone thinks it is.(there's a reason I use quotes around that word when talking about the Bewilderbeast.) I mean the movie points out the use of sound so often throughout to the point of literally having a shot specifically focusing on Valka's staff. So I've (from the very beginning) thought this was more a thing based on sound and the Bewilderbeasts use and control of that sound to control and effect the dragons. Even the first movie had this with the Red Death but was much more vague about it. And honestly the ending with Hiccup trying to close Toothless's ears makes more sense when it's less mind control how most of us perceive it, and more control through sound. But this could probably be an entire topic on it's on so not gonna go off on to much of a tangent here.

Essentially all of this to say if it's control through sound and not "mind control" then yea the loss of hearing would make quite a bit of sense as to why it might effect them less if at all.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote