Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Deathsong Amber
Topic Started: 20 Jul 2015, 18:14 (1244 Views)
RiderofBerk
Member Avatar
Screaming Death

I recently watched Imperfect Harmony and I didn't understand something. When a dragon gets sprayed with the amber-like substance, why can't it just breathe fire and get out? In the end, they used Monstrous Nightmare gel to break out so why couldn't Hookfang just light himself on fire and escape? I would appreciate if someone would answer or clarify this.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Well we can only speculate so here I go....

I assume that once a Dragon is trapped inside the Deathsongs amber substance it is not able to breath fire or create any heat. I think the amber messes with how dragons produce fire or body heat. It makes sense from a evolution standpoint. If dragons could easily get away by melting it then it wouldn't help the Deathsong in any way. It must be able to hinder a dragons fire producing capability.

Also if you think about it, for most dragons it wouldn't help even if they could breath fire. The are immobilized so its would be hard to direct the flames onto themselves.

But the most telling fact...if you remember Hiccup never asked one of the dragons to light the monstrous nightmare gel. He uses the friction of his shield against the ground to light it. This points at the fact that for what ever reason, the amber inhibits a dragon from flaming up.

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

I think they just didn't figure it out.
My dragon den: