Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon Eye hint in plain sight!
Topic Started: 27 Jul 2015, 22:31 (2032 Views)
Ryder
Night Fury

If you look at the first image that the Dragon Eye projected with Toothless' flame, you notice the fist in the middle. They even talk about it being some sort of tribal crest. If you look closely at the fist, it appears to have a splatter of some sort behind it, and liquid dripping down the wrist. Kind of like "bloody fist or something" AKA Drago Bludvist! :drago: It's a bloody fist!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Do you have a screenshot of the projection? That's a really interesting theory. It suggests that Drago researches and studies dragons in their natural habitat instead of simply enslaving them, and I feel like I would have a better idea as to whether or not that idea aligns with his character if we knew more about him.
My mind also goes to the dragon fire-proof cages on the ship. Seems like something Drago would have.
My only question for now is, if we're theorizing that Drago DID create the Dragon Eye, how long ago was it that he did the research and then abandoned the ship Hiccup found it on?

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Toothless123
Night Fury

Wait- I just thought of a theory.
The Ship Graveyard might contain Drago's village's ships. It might explain why they're destroyed, given that the dragons that attacked his home decimated everything else. Perhaps when the villagers realised that they were under attack, they put everything in the ships...?

Sorry if I sound confusing, it's just that I'm really excited! :)

Ryder
Night Fury

I just paused the show when Hiccup showing it to the others in the 2nd episode. I don't know if Drago made the Dragon Eye, or just added that lens. Maybe he wanted to remember facts about dragons so that he can catch them easier. Like where they live, food, weaknesses. Maybe someone (or one of Dragos men) stole one of his ships and took the dragon eye. Maybe that was the guy whose arm bone was on the Dragon Eye when Hiccup found it. Maybe the giant axe cut off his hand. Who knows! I just thought the fist thing was interesting.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

It was in the third episode that they were talking about the projection and whether or not the Bloody fist was a tribal crest or not. (Near the beginning if I'm not mistaken) Also here is an image of the "bloody fist" in the projection for those who need a reference.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Personally I'm still not convinced the Dragons Eye itself has any direct connections to Drago. I'm more of the opinion that it has more to do with a particular (or any) group/tribe of dragon trappers (or hunters maybe?). Now maybe they've worked for Drago in the past, still do work for him, or have recently started to work for him(The last one being more my guess currently). This isn't to say it's not a crest (I do think it is) just that I doubt it has any direct connection or relation to Drago, but if it does I feel that's a really on the nose reference considering.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Well, it's definitely a fist and I see how you could think the outline looks like blood even though that's harder to prove one way or the other. Whether it's a plot-related hint at Drago, a coincidence, or an Easter egg for observant fans, the mere fact that it's there is quite interesting. Good eye!
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Demonwolf002
28 Jul 2015, 21:38
It was in the third episode that they were talking about the projection and whether or not the Bloody fist was a tribal crest or not. (Near the beginning if I'm not mistaken) Also here is an image of the "bloody fist" in the projection for those who need a reference.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Personally I'm still not convinced the Dragons Eye itself has any direct connections to Drago. I'm more of the opinion that it has more to do with a particular (or any) group/tribe of dragon trappers (or hunters maybe?). Now maybe they've worked for Drago in the past, still do work for him, or have recently started to work for him(The last one being more my guess currently). This isn't to say it's not a crest (I do think it is) just that I doubt it has any direct connection or relation to Drago, but if it does I feel that's a really on the nose reference considering.
Something that I noticed in the pic. If you look to the right just below the pic of the large looking dragon to the lt side. Doesn't that small pic of a dragon look like a nightfury?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

sageman
Terrible Terror

ive been thinking that the dragon eye was originally ment for the second or third film

reason of my thinking is the way hiccup finds out how to make it work if toothless suddenly warmed his bed it would be strange but at just 30:30 into the first film we see him do it if the dragon eye was an idea just for race to the edge why would they even bother having toothless do that also i cant think of any other dragons doing so

another thing why concentrate just on drago when it could have been his family or maybe even a tribe ran by him or his ancestors as the dragon riders think
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

draco
30 Jul 2015, 10:23
Something that I noticed in the pic. If you look to the right just below the pic of the large looking dragon to the lt side. Doesn't that small pic of a dragon look like a nightfury?
It's definitely similar with the only odd thing being the head looks somewhat off maybe. So I don't want to say anything with 100% certainty about that image in particular. The big dragon I think it's farily safe to assume is a Monstrous Nightmare. And the three other smaller images surrounding it are a Gronckle(or possibly a flying potato ;) ), Scaldron, and a Whispering Death that I'm fairly certain we can say for sure. Actually it might even be safe to say the center image is to denote an island perhaps.

sageman
30 Jul 2015, 17:49
ive been thinking that the dragon eye was originally ment for the second or third film

reason of my thinking is the way hiccup finds out how to make it work if toothless suddenly warmed his bed it would be strange but at just 30:30 into the first film we see him do it if the dragon eye was an idea just for race to the edge why would they even bother having toothless do that also i cant think of any other dragons doing so

another thing why concentrate just on drago when it could have been his family or maybe even a tribe ran by him or his ancestors as the dragon riders think
I don't think the Dragons Eye was meant for the films. Fairly certain this was an item the shows creators came up with as just a driving force for the narrative for this season. Granted I can't really say for certain. The shows creators or Dean DeBlois would have to actually come out and say for certain. Though I highly doubt this was anything but what I said earlier. On another note the show has shown Toothless's "sleeping ritual" (pretty sure that's what you would call it) before in the past seasons. I assume the reason for doing so is to just show a cute little personality quirk of Toothless's.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.