Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your Ideas For New Dragons in RttE
Topic Started: 29 Jul 2015, 05:53 (2375 Views)
Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Interested in what people think new dragons should be ideally ones that you have invented.(Preferably no Night Fury variants.)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Well I like dragons that are inspired by real life animals and objects, so I try to make my fan-made dragons like that. There is this one dragon that I made that was inspired by a hagfish, so the dragon had the ability to secrete a super glue-like substance from the skin. It would use this substance to camuflage itself in the environment, so if, for example, the dragon is living on a forest he could stick leaves and branches to its hide, or if it's living on a mountain he could stick pebbles and moss. This was also inspired by the decorator crab.
My dragon den:

sageman
Terrible Terror

^ thats a cool idea

just now thort of one a changewing sub-species look almost the same have the same camouflage thing going on but the acid doesent melt stuff or injure just burns simalar to getting pepper spray in your eyes

perfect to protect the island while the riders are out during the day (night terrors are only at night from what i know)
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

Thorndrum
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Deathsong and Catastophic quaken looks really similar to two dragon species on hiccup's map... so I think there will be more "map-ish" dragons

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

sageman
31 Jul 2015, 17:32
^ thats a cool idea

just now thort of one a changewing sub-species look almost the same have the same camouflage thing going on but the acid doesent melt stuff or injure just burns simalar to getting pepper spray in your eyes

perfect to protect the island while the riders are out during the day (night terrors are only at night from what i know)
I was thinking of a Changewing variant(Mirrowing) which deflects fire back at the attacker but I can't figure out how it would work without making it overpowered.

sageman
Terrible Terror

some sort of jel that runs out after 2 or 3 deflections

something to consider i doubt it could or would work on gas breathing dragons only liquid breathers
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

Toothless123
Night Fury

Evan Electric Eel III
01 Aug 2015, 09:39
I was thinking of a Changewing variant(Mirrowing) which deflects fire back at the attacker but I can't figure out how it would work without making it overpowered.
Is it okay if I use your dragon for a fanfic of mine? ;) And please tell me how you think it might work; if you let me use it for my fanfic then I won't mind if it's overpowered :)
sageman
02 Aug 2015, 15:08
only liquid breathers
Like a Bewilderbeast, for example?

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

It could live in sandy places. It covers itself in sand and then heats it using internal body temperature until it becomes like glass. Could be overloaded by enough fire as it would eventually melt when heated to a high enough temperature.
Yes you can use it for your fanfic(better to be used than floating around in my head, I might starting working on some other ideas for new dragons.)

sageman
Terrible Terror

Toothless123
02 Aug 2015, 17:03
Like a Bewilderbeast, for example?
possibly i was thinking along the lines of the kerosene jel from a monstrous nightmare could be deflected but the gas from a zippleback or terrible terror
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

sageman
Terrible Terror

Evan Electric Eel III
02 Aug 2015, 22:50
It could live in sandy places. It covers itself in sand and then heats it using internal body temperature until it becomes like glass. Could be overloaded by enough fire as it would eventually melt when heated to a high enough temperature.
Yes you can use it for your fanfic(better to be used than floating around in my head, I might starting working on some other ideas for new dragons.)
good idea theres very few places in the world that have enough silica in the sand to make glass so would be a very good reason to only have it reside on one particular island
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE