Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your Ideas For New Dragons in RttE
Topic Started: 03 Aug 2015, 02:39 (2329 Views)
Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Wrote all the Mirrorwing info in a style similar to the Book of Dragons (not exactly the same)
Mirrorwing: Changewing Sub-Species, Mystery Class
Habitat: Lone Rock Island
Abilities: Covers itself in sand then heats it up using internal body temperature until it becomes like glass. Spits boiling acid like a Changewing. Glass reflects fire back at attacker.
Weaknesses: Glass can be melted by extreme heat. Camouflage unusable when covered in glass.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

StaticTheSkrill
The Skrill of all Skrills...

I've actually created a whole bunch of dragons beforehand, but I'll post some here I guess :P

LIGHT ANGLER:
Class: Tidal
Size: med-Large
Appearance: Serpentine body, large wings on side oh head/neck, mouth similar to an angler-fish.
Abilities and Features:
-Features a large, glowing bulb on its head similar to angler-fish which it uses to attract creatures. It is able to direct or project its light in specific directions using its wings/fins on the side of its head.
Fire Type:
-Shoots a sticky goo or mucus which entangles smaller creatures and produces an enzyme which tires out larger ones that are hit by it.
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Toothless123
Night Fury

Toothless123
02 Aug 2015, 17:03
Evan Electric Eel III
01 Aug 2015, 09:39
I was thinking of a Changewing variant(Mirrowing) which deflects fire back at the attacker but I can't figure out how it would work without making it overpowered.
Is it okay if I use your dragon for a fanfic of mine? ;) And please tell me how you think it might work; if you let me use it for my fanfic then I won't mind if it's overpowered :)
sageman
02 Aug 2015, 15:08
only liquid breathers
Like a Bewilderbeast, for example?
Evan Electric Eel III
02 Aug 2015, 22:50
It could live in sandy places. It covers itself in sand and then heats it using internal body temperature until it becomes like glass. Could be overloaded by enough fire as it would eventually melt when heated to a high enough temperature.
Yes you can use it for your fanfic(better to be used than floating around in my head, I might starting working on some other ideas for new dragons.)
sageman
02 Aug 2015, 23:36
Toothless123
02 Aug 2015, 17:03
Like a Bewilderbeast, for example?
possibly i was thinking along the lines of the kerosene jel from a monstrous nightmare could be deflected but the gas from a zippleback or terrible terror
sageman
02 Aug 2015, 23:51
Evan Electric Eel III
02 Aug 2015, 22:50
It could live in sandy places. It covers itself in sand and then heats it using internal body temperature until it becomes like glass. Could be overloaded by enough fire as it would eventually melt when heated to a high enough temperature.
Yes you can use it for your fanfic(better to be used than floating around in my head, I might starting working on some other ideas for new dragons.)
good idea theres very few places in the world that have enough silica in the sand to make glass so would be a very good reason to only have it reside on one particular island
Good ideas! :)

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Shadow Striker
Strike Class
Habitat: Unknown, only seen when there is a solar eclipse
Abilities: Dark green colouring means this dragon is virtually invisible in forests or at night. Brief exposure to white fire is bright enough to cause temporary blindness, sustained exposure causes permanent blindness.
Weaknesses: Owing to its incredibly bright fire this dragon is completely blind and sees using sound and smell.
Seasplitter
Tidal Class
Habitat: Dark Deep Ocean
Abilities: This deep-sea dweller has the ability to cause tidal waves by splitting open the sea floor using its circular body similar to the Catastrophic Quaken.
Weaknesses: Extreme heat
(Realised with the Shadow Striker that i was straying towards Night Fury territory so i made it a bit more like a Flightmare in that it is associated with specific events)

Toothless123
Night Fury

Evan Electric Eel III
15 Aug 2015, 09:31
Shadow Striker
Strike Class
Abilities: Dark green colouring means this dragon is virtually invisible in forests or at night. Brief exposure to white fire is bright enough to cause temporary blindness, sustained exposure causes permanent blindness.
Weaknesses: Owing to its incredibly bright fire this dragon is completely blind and sees using sound and smell.
Can I use the Shadow Striker too? :)

By the way, not saying that your current name for it is bad, but I'd like to suggest another one for it (maybe I could use it in my fanfic): Ragnarök's Herald, because the Vikings believed that a solar eclipse was caused by Sköll and Hati, the two wolves that triggered the first event of Ragnarök (the apocalypse) in Norse mythology.

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Toothless123
17 Aug 2015, 15:39
Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker
Strike Class

By the way, not saying that your current name for it is bad, but I'd like to suggest another one for it (maybe I could use it in my fanfic): Ragnarök's Herald, because the Vikings believed that a solar eclipse was caused by Sköll and Hati, the two wolves that triggered the first event of Ragnarök (the apocalypse) in Norse mythology.
I extend automatic permission for use of my dragon ideas.(as long as i get some credit for it)

Toothless123
Night Fury

Evan Electric Eel III
22 Aug 2015, 08:01
Toothless123
17 Aug 2015, 15:39
Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker
Strike Class

I extend automatic permission for use of my dragon ideas.(as long as i get some credit for it)
Of course you'll be credited! :)