Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Anyone else not like RTTE that much
Topic Started: 13 Aug 2015, 20:01 (2387 Views)
therealsven
Dragon Egg

I have to go out on a limb here, and say that Dragons: Race to the Edge may be the finest thing ever crafted by human hands, in the entirety of human history. I also may be a bit biased as well. :)

Sven!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Quote:

I also may be a bit biased as well. :)
Just a bit biased!?

But actually, you're allowed to be biased.

I enjoyed Race to the Edge. My main dislike was that all the episodes were released at once. But I understand that some people like that (not sure why though).

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

hictooth
14 Aug 2015, 19:00
My main dislike was that all the episodes were released at once. But I understand that some people like that (not sure why though).

hictooth
A little off topic here sorry for this, but in my opinion at least I would say time is the biggest reason as to why. The ability to be able to set down and watch something at your own pace, when you want to, and when it works best with your schedule is for a lot of people a really good thing.(myself included at least sometimes) When you have a network deciding when the best time to air a show is, if it's aired only once or more than once through out it's air date, and when it might be released on other platforms you then have to work around that. Personally I'm okay with either way really and I think in some ways I do enjoy the old "release one new episode a week deal". Probably because it just feeds so well into that excitement and discussion with others since you're all left waiting for the next episode. Though I can definitely see the benefits of releasing all the episodes at once as well, and would have to admit that it is nice to be able to watch a show at my own leisure and pace.

With all of that said I think there are benefits and cons to both ways of releasing them, but I would stand by time being one of the bigger factors as to why people like a bulk release schedule over a drip fed release schedule.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.